Contractual Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00AM-5:30PM (flexibility required)
Closing date: Friday 29th November
About BIMM Institute
BIMM, The British and Irish Modern Music Institute, has colleges in eight cities where music matters most – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe.
Our eight BIMM colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the music industry.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Our professional highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in guitar, bass, drums, vocals, song writing, music production, music business, music journalism and event management.
Working closely with the Group Head of Careers and Employability and careers teams in Colleges, the Talent Manager will screen and support students throughout their recruitment experience with industry employers.
The Talent Manager will also be responsible for providing a 5-star recruitment service to all employers and industry partners, ensuring BIMM maintains and further develops its reputation as the music business talent pool of choice for entry level hires.
Essential Criteria for the applicant:
- Experience in a similar recruitment role (in house or agency).
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and databases.
- Experience with (phone and in-person) interviews, candidate screening and evaluation.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Understanding of ‘Right to Work’ legislation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of key industry employers and partners.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels from students to senior music industry execs.
- Positive, proactive and pragmatic approach.
- Commercial awareness.
- Desire to develop students and provide practical employability and careers guidance.
- Managing the end to end recruitment process for all entry level and paid employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Screening all student applications (including CV’s and cover letters) to ensure they are of a high standard and relevant for the role being applied for.
- Providing meaningful and practical feedback to students to improve applications where required.
- Ensuring job specs have been provided by employers and meet legal requirements.
- Taking full and thorough job briefs from employers.
- Preparing and sending relevant candidate shortlists to clients.
- Managing client and student expectations.
- Delivering feedback to both successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- Developing long term relationships with industry partners including employers and recruitment partners.
- Co-ordinating and organising mock interview days, ensuring students have been pre-screened prior to meeting with clients / employers / industry partners.
- Providing an excellent service at all times and ensuring a professional standard of delivery to students, clients and partners.
- Liaising with employment and employability partners to organise recruitment events.
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post.
The post holder may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post as directed by and agreed with the line manager.