Events and Careers Assistant
Contractual Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 9:00-5:30 (some evening work is required during induction and teaching weeks).
About BIMM Institute
With over 35 years’ experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and located in some of Europe’s most creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham. BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education courses in popular music, performing arts and film and screen – including BA(Hons)/BMus Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and MAs. Our professional, highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in music performance, performing arts, songwriting, music production, music business, event management, music marketing, media and communication, film and screen.
You will be part of an active and dynamic team who provide a wide range of career development and extracurricular opportunities to students studying across all courses and taking place throughout the academic year.
You will support the Head of Artist Development and Events and the Head of Industry Liaison and Careers to realise projects, experiences and events through allocated administrative duties and tasks. You will be comfortable working with data, confident in responding to enquiries from a wide range of stakeholders and will be expected to apply creative thinking to come up with new solutions to challenges.
You will make a valuable administrative contribution to the pre-production and on-the-day management of large-scale events, external masterclasses, showcases, graduation ceremony and careers convention. You will also take responsibility for the on-the-day management of selected on-campus masterclasses where you will host our external guest(s) and facilitate the smooth running of the event.
Good communication, planning, organisational and time management abilities are essential as you will be required to manage your own time as well as work as part of a team.
- Recent experience of working with music industry professionals / working as a music industry professional
- Awareness of current and emerging trends within the music industry
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders within BIMM and the wider music industry
- IT literate, specifically Microsoft Office 365
- Experience of using social media as a promotional platform
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to work under your own initiative
- A degree in a creative industry subject
- Experience of using video cameras and video editing software
- Experience and understanding of working in an educational environment
- To assist in the pre-production of masterclasses and events including, but not limited to, scheduling, guest and artist liaison, ticketing / student sign-up, equipment hire, room bookings, staff and crew coordination, and auditions / performer selection.
- To assist in the on-the-day management of events and external masterclasses including, but not limited to, venue load-in, venue set-up, soundcheck, catering, venue liaison, student interaction, guest and artist liaison, and staff and crew management.
- To be responsible for on-the-day management of selected on-campus masterclasses including room set-up, guest liaison, crew management, student registration, and introduction / hosting duties (where applicable).
- To undertake actions and responsibilities as set out in risk assessments to ensure all masterclasses and events, internal and external to campus, are delivered safely.
- To upload student engagement data related to BIMM careers, artist development, masterclass, and event activity to the student records management system.
- To complete the initial proposal stage of the External Guest Form for the purposes of Prevent Duty.
- To post to BIMM social media accounts during masterclass events and capture video / photos for the use of the Communications Coordinator and BIMM Marketing team.
- To co-ordinate the onboarding of artist development and career advisors
- To manage the student booking portal for career and artist development tutorials
Note: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post as directed by and agreed with the Head of Artist Development & Events and the College Principal
We are committed to establishing a culture of inclusivity across BIMM Institute, so that we truly represent the diversity of our students and the creative industries, both in what we teach and how we work.
We encourage applications from people of colour who are underrepresented within our staff community.
All posts are subject to Right to Work and DBS checks.