Talent Advisor – Inclusion & Enterprise- Fixed Term Contract until September 2021
Contractual Hours: 9:00AM-5:30PM, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
About BIMM Institute:
With over 35 years’ experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and located in some of Europe’s most creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham. BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education courses in popular music, performing arts and film and screen – including BA(Hons)/BMus Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and MAs. Our professional, highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in music performance, performing arts, songwriting, music production, music business, event management, music marketing, media and communication, film and screen.
We believe that a diverse student body provides for a creative and dynamic community and this is in line with the ethos and mission of the BIMM Institute. The role of Talent Advisor – Diversity & Inclusion sits within the careers ‘Talent Match’ team, a job matching service for final year students and alumni, supporting their first steps into work in the Music industry and wider creative industries.
The Talent Advisor – Inclusion & Enterprise will focus specifically on employability and recruitment services for students and alumni across all 5 UK colleges who sit within one of the 4 key groups identified by BIMM Institute’s Access & Participation Plan.
The primary aim is to increase the number of students from underrepresented groups who progress to employment, self – employment or further study within 18 months of graduation, thereby offering a broader talent pool to employers and supporting a diverse talent pipeline to the creative industries.
Reporting into the Group Talent Manager and working closely with the Group Head of Careers & Employability and the Group Head of Access & Participation, the Talent Advisor – Inclusion & Enterprise will screen and support students throughout their recruitment experience with industry employers ensuring BIMM maintains and further develops its reputation as the music business talent pool of choice for entry level hires. The role also supports students wishing to pursue entrepreneurial projects, this support will involve registering students into the Greenhouse Enterprise Programme – an in-house programme designed to support creative business enterprises through training, funding and coaching.
Key duties will include but are not limited to:
- Registering students and alumni onto the Talent Match ATS system.
- Writing engaging ad copy and social media posts to attract candidates for Talent Match roles
- Preparing and sending relevant candidates to the Talent Manager for shortlisting on behalf of industry clients
- Screening of student applications (including CV’s and cover letters) to ensure they are of a high standard and relevant to the role being applied for
- Delivering feedback to both successful and unsuccessful candidates during the interview process
- Providing an excellent service at all times and ensuring a professional standard of delivery to students, clients and partners
- Developing early career workshops and connecting students to industry mentors.
- Liaising with potential enterprise and charity partners eg: Creative United, Small Green Shoots, PRS Foundation and Youth Music.
- Comply with and implement as appropriate, all of BIMM’s policies and procedures, with particular reference Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and Health and Safety.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a comparable recruitment role (in house or agency) within a music industry organisation or the wider creative industries
- A good working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems and databases
- An understanding of ‘protected characteristics and the ability to work towards ensuring and encouraging diversity in the shortlists that BIMM provides industry clients
- Experience with (phone and in-person) interviews, candidate screening and evaluation
- Knowledge of key industry employers and partners as well as industry bodies, charities, networking groups and events
- The desire to develop students and alumni and provide meaningful and impactful employability, self –employment and careers guidance.
- An understanding of the steps to self – employment and the industry funding landscape.
- The ability to deal with people at all levels from students to senior music industry executives
- A positive, proactive and pragmatic approach
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post as directed by, and agreed with, the Student Services team and College Principal.
We are committed to establishing a culture of inclusivity across BIMM Institute, so that we truly represent the diversity of our students and the creative industries, both in what we teach and how we work.
All posts are subject to Right to Work and DBS checks.