Big Machine Label Group is a market leader in the field of recorded music, content creation, and music publishing.
Employing over 100 people, Big Machine provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
The International Manager will support and collaborate with the US Marketing team & International teams around the world in the timely creation and execution of marketing plans that align with the global vision and strategy for assigned releases.
This role will be based in Nashville, TN
- Work with International teams to create and execute innovative marketing best practices to deliver improved consumption across all services and outlets for our priority artists worldwide.
- Be the Nashville US contact for all managers in the US time zones, as well at the US home base contact internally for the US label.
- Pursue & manage International media, promo, retail and brand partnership opportunities locally in Nashville
- Maintain all relationships in foreign markets from Nashville via phone, email, Skype & travel when necessary.
- Be the filter for Big Machine Canada based out of Toronto as well as the Big Machine UK Label out of London. Oversee their activity and manage internal Nashville communication with those labels.
- Deal directly with UMGI in gathering consumption reports, radio reports, and other data.
- Deal directly with all local Universal labels across the world, primarily Universal Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, Japan, and other key markets.
- Manage and analyze regular reports for Big Machine senior management of all International activity.
- Work with Production team to ensure delivery of all parts for all releases internationally, working to deadlines to make release dates.
- Communicate all production schedules globally to all necessary contacts to ensure proper marketing of our releases.
- Work with the licensing team to approve/deny licensing requests ex-US. Plus, assist in pursuing licensing opportunities worldwide.
- Work with A&R on audio servicing our releases globally and advanced stream to press, radio, etc.
- Work with the creative team on requests specifically for foreign markets (digital assets etc.)
- Work with local radio teams to ensure that our US rollouts fit into their radio plans and needs.
- Gather video/audio content requests from all international territories for all BMLG single & album releases to ensure all localized content is captured by the artist for key markets.
- Coordinate and schedule international phone interview requests and connect the calls.
- Experience in marketing or promotion in the music or entertainment industries
- Passion and extensive knowledge of current and catalogue music and artists, especially country music artists and their legacy internationally
- An understanding of BMLG’s International contacts in every market and relationships with each market
- And understanding of our UMGI counterparts & international structure
- An understanding of the music industry in each unique local International market Knowledge of ongoing international deals, partnerships, and sponsorships and experience in managing them
- Understanding of all artist management in the US and relationships
- Ability to gather weekly information from all territories and create weekly reports on all BMLG artists in all territories
- Ability to analyze sales and chart results to assist strategic planning and assist International Director to present findings/recommendations
- Ability to seek out international opportunities locally in Nashville as well as abroad- (scheduling releases, travel, media opportunities, etc.)
- Experience managing budgets, contracts, and release forms effectively
- Experience in the Production department- scheduling physical/digital releases and providing assets to necessary outlets
- Travel is a requirement
- Knowledge of a second language beyond English very useful.