Big Deal Music Group is looking for a strong Controller, reporting to the CFO, in its Los Angeles office.
You will manage all general accounting functions for our growing music business. The Controller will take leadership for the financial close process, financial reporting, revenue recognition, AR, AP, and internal controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Lead and continue to develop the accounting capabilities for our fast-paced, rapidly growing company. This includes GL, A/P, A/R, Payroll, Royalty Collections and Revenue Recognition
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Establish and maintain formal accounting policies, practices and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance and strong internal controls
- Perform technical accounting research. Lead the communication and implementation of new accounting systems, practices, policies and procedures across the company
- Manage the general ledger, revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll functions to establish operational objectives and process efficiencies
- Manage monthly/quarterly/annual close efforts including the preparation of consolidated financial statements, account reconciliations, accruals, reserves and intercompany transactions
- Prepare all necessary schedules for Tax Preparation performed by outside firm
- Oversee certain international accounting operations
- Serve as expert on use of accounting systems; Manage the accounting systems and supervise the implementation of accounting software
- Work closely with the CFO on reporting efforts related to budgeting and forecasting
- Oversee audit process by both internal and external independent auditors
- Issuance of timely and complete financial statements
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage both internal and external accounting, audit and bookkeeping resources
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-10 years of experience in a related role; experience in a rapidly growing / scaling company is highly desirable.
- CPA, prior public accounting experience, or a similar foundation in accounting
- A passion for the music industry
This is a full time position with salary dependent upon experience and benefits. Position available immediately.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. No candidate will be considered without salary requirements.
Big Deal Music Group is an artist-driven independent media company that is dedicated to maximizing opportunities and services for its writers, publishers, clients and partners. Currently, our affiliated divisions include Big Deal Music, Big Deal Media, and Words & Music with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York and London.