Are you ready to make the next step and become part of a fast-growing, forward-thinking entertainment company that creates and markets great music, movies, books and documentaries?
Better Noise Music (BNM) is a global entertainment company looking for a Director of Music Streaming.
BNM is a rapidly expanding, full-service, independent music company with staff based in New York, Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, Sydney and Berlin. We are a forward-thinking company that develops artist careers through touring, streaming, social platforms, integrated marketing and analytics.
As Director, Streaming & Playlisting Strategy, you will play a key role in pitching and securing our artists’ visibility and repertoire across the streaming space. You will create effective streaming marketing campaigns that serve as vehicles to foster discovery and streaming growth. You will live and breathe the editorial playlist ecosystem and communicate regularly with our partners so that our label, artists, and repertoire are top of mind for all opportunities.
The Director will:
- Interface with programmers at all accounts & streaming services
- Pitch and strategize for all releases with a focus on Rock, Alternative, and Metal.
⇒ Pitch for editorial playlisting and on-platform programming opportunities
⇒ Strategize how to grow a record through playlist ecosystems and maximize off-platform streaming marketing
⇒ Maintain relationships with programmers and reps
⇒ Keep department up-to-date with best practices and new marketing opportunities across all streaming platforms.
⇒ Know how to present data to maximize opportunities within the streaming ecosystem.
⇒ Present upcoming priority releases using listener data, marketing plans, and strategy
- Music industry experience with an emphasis on streaming and global marketing.
- Must be familiar with/able to navigate partner dashboards and adapt to numerous data tools, with the ability to understand user behavior through data.
- Knowledge of Rock, Hard Rock, and Metal music is a plus
- Key contact/relationships across the streaming landscape globally, ideally with Rock, Alternative and Metal genres.
- Experience strategizing and executing marketing campaigns, including pitching proposals.
- Creating specific, tailored plans designed to serve each priority artist at each DSP.
- Must be tech-savvy with a deep understanding of current & forthcoming cultural, musical, sub-genre trends
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on an evolving workload and fast-paced environment
- Ability to act as a leader and advocate for the genre across multiple departments, including but not limited to A&R,
- Digital, Marketing, Promotion
Responsible for ensuring artist roster and profiles on DSP platforms are organized and maintained according to best practices and optimized for maximizing fan engagement, discovery and revenue and based on project goals
Maintaining O&O internal playlists
Learn and share best practices across all internal teams and generally continue to educate label and artist/management partners as the streaming platforms continue to evolve their offerings and platforms.
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through is a must.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and multi-task.
- An impeccable ability to build and maintain multiple industry relationships.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to efficiently communicate strategy, results, and market conditions that will drive project growth and optimization
- Must have a strong understanding of the streaming landscape and how to optimize the content across the platforms
- Must have an appetite for process and a willingness to utilize project management tools
- Strong attention to detail.
- A great storyteller with strong communication skills with the ability to write and convey performance results to executives and management.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow-through.
We offer excellent benefits including: generous paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k match.
If you have a passion for music, are hardworking and a team player who wants to be ahead of the curve, then we want to hear from you because your passion contributes to overall success!