JOB DESCRIPTION – Ticketing, Fraud and Payments Manager
Terms: Full-time, Salary
Benefits: Ski Pass, Insurance after 3-months time
Opening in 2005, Belly Up is a 450 capacity music venue in Aspen, CO who host artists ranging from Jimmy Buffett and LCD Soundsystem to Chainsmokers and lil Wayne and many more. Check out our website, www.bellyupaspen.com, to get a further sense of the music we book and who we are.
WHAT THE JOB IS
This role will oversee the entirety of the Belly Up Aspen ticketing program (including outdoor/off site shows), including but not limited to show builds, inventory management and box office oversight. You will also be investigating fraud trends and attacks as well as responding to chargebacks while shaping the overall fraud approach to maintain financial goals and revenue recovery across the business.
A lot of cross organization coordination as well as external partner management will be involved to make sure all are aligned with the goals and that false positives remain low across the entire business. You will need to stay up to date on trends in the industry and card brand regulations to effectively mitigate fraud and fight and win chargeback disputes.
Must be willing to relocate to Aspen/Roaring Fork Valley.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Review/create operational procedures and make necessary changes to improve effectiveness and reduce fraud and chargeback losses.
- Monitoring the payment system and making sure approval rates, chargeback rates, and refund rates all are in line with regulatory compliance and business expectations.
- Respond to incoming chargebacks in the payment processor to recover revenue.
- Develop and maintain KPIs around fraud, chargeback, and payments performance.
- Build Shows on our Ticketing Platform, ensuring that all pricing, fees, billing, capacities, and marketing materials are in line with what has been provided by Artist Representatives and internal communications
- Manage all ticket inventories throughout the lifespan of the show
- Communicate with Artist Representatives to establish Announce and On-sale timelines.
- Provide Ticket Counts to Artist Representatives upon request.
- Send specific customers private purchase links as instructed by Venue Management including waitlisted customers.
- Set all on-platform (Artist and/or Belly Up) presale parameters, including pre-sale, fan club, and VIP timelines, passwords, capacities, and ticket type access.
- Other items related to box office ticketing operations such as ordering ticket supplies etc.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years work experience in ticketing and a relevant fraud investigation/detection environment.
- Strong knowledge of payment gateways and payment systems
- Strong knowledge of the fraud prevention vendor landscape and the tools available.
- Strong of the chargeback processes for all card brands (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, etc.)
- Ability to develop and monitor performance metrics for leadership and to build report data required to finance and venue partners.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required since you will be communicating with many different departments and partners.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive atmosphere and deliver on urgent deadlines.
- Expert with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.