Believe, Senior A&R (Hip Hop)
Believe is above all a passion for music, tech, and digital marketing, shared by over 1,200 talented people in more than 45 countries. It is a visionary and entrepreneurial spirit that drives us and makes us a world leader in the digital distribution of music.
Believe is a tribe of experts who successfully meet the challenges of the transformation of our music industry every day. It’s an adventure, a human adventure, and one that is propitious and stimulating for all of us.
Finally, Believe is a story that began in 2005 and that we must continue to narrate, now, and with you. Believe’s mission is to develop labels and artists in the most suitable way, at each stage of their career and development. In all local markets around the world. With respect, expertise, fairness and transparency.
We are looking for a passionate, ambitious Senior A&R (Hip Hop) to join our growing team. Based in London and reporting to the Head of Artist Services, this role is tasked with identifying top sales targets and new talent within the Hip Hop genre, executing sales strategy and managing the signing and A&R process.
- Identifying key targets and new talent within the UK Hip Hop sceneScouting and signing artists for Believe UK’s Artist Services and Distribution roster
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with artists and managers
- Managing the signing process
- Managing artist relations and delivery of repertoire
- Contributing to the domestic and global A&R strategy
- Regularly attending gigs, showcases and industry conferences
- 3+ years’ experience with a proven track record in a similar role
- An existing network in the UK Hip Hop scene
- Ability to work across a broad roster of artists
- Excellent understanding of data analysis
- Experience in managing budgets
- Good understanding of deal structures and contracts
- Excellent communication skills, time management and attention to detail
- Commercial awareness of the market and music industry developments
- A team player with a can-do attitude
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status pregnancy, race, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.