Believe is one of the world´s leading music digital distributors and service providers for artists and labels.
With more than 1.000 employees we have 45 locations in key markets. By using the best distribution and marketing services, we enable our artists and labels to market their music in an optimal, transparent and fair way. The Believe Germany Group includes Groove Attack, Rough Trade Distribution, Soulfood Music and Nuclear Blast with over 200 employees. For Nuclear Blast we are looking for an GLOBAL SENIOR A&R NUCLEAR BLAST (M/W/D) who is ideally based in the US.
- Directly supervises 6 employees within the 1 department.
- Indirectly supervises 22 employees within the 6 departments.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary support all A&Rs; provide co-A&R direction on assigned projects to the global team.
- Oversee the global structure of the A&R team, including defining responsibilities amongst the global A&R team.
- Actively on the hunt for the next big trend in hard music, digital friendly artists, as well as legacy acts; demonstrate a unique and proven ability to identify new talent that can be a commercially viable asset for the company.
- Develop strong relationships with all top managements in the business.
- Communicate effectively with talent, producers, and songwriters, as well as managers.
- Always be knowledgeable of current and future trends in music, music business, and pop culture.
- Possess a high degree of credibility and influence inside and outside company.
- Have the poise, confidence, and talent to help make several albums simultaneously, all at the highest level of quality.
- Works closely with the Accounting and Finance Department regarding Release Schedule planning and management.
- Strategically plan and maintain the global Release Schedule that keeps a healthy income ratio throughout the year; react accordingly when releases are delayed.
- Review/draft and validate with and for the rest of the A&R team financially-sound deal memos, planning and forecasting.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Must have over ten (10) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university is a plus.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office, particularly computations in Excel, virtual meeting platforms.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Must have prior management experience and demonstrate a clear talent for understanding, motivating and inspiring our clients, consultants, and staff.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Strong understanding of business process with the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and deliver requested output timely and accurately
- Have a high level of energy, positive attitude, and possess a selfless attitude for the benefit of the firm.
- Must possess a broad outlook about the firm and the profession.
- Must contribute to the firm and the profession in a meaningful, substantive way.
- Must be an integral and recognizable part of the firm reputation and Image.
- Analytical– Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design– Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving– Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management– Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills– Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service– Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills– Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication– Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication– Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork– Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership– Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management– Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Delegation– Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership– Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People– Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management– Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen– Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness– Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue ; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity– Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics– Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support– Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking– Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgement– Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation– Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing– Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism– Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality– Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity– Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security– Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability– Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality– Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability– Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative– Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
We are looking forward to receive your CV! The process will be handled remotely.