Believe is the world’s largest fully independent distributor and services provider for independent music with 1,000 staff and offices in 44 countries and scalable deals via our 20 brands including DIY distribution at TuneCore, full service distribution with Believe, and artist services and record deals via our in-house label group incorporating AllPoints, Naïve, and Nuclear Blast.
In 2018 Believe collected $500M royalties on behalf of our artists and labels.
Supporting the A&R team across all releases this role is tasked with assisting the Senior A&R Managers in the day-to-day running of projects as well as working across general admin tasks.
- Work closely with the A&R Managers to check availability of studios, producers and engineers
- Book mastering sessions as requested by the A&R Managers
- Book travel and accommodation for writing/recording sessions as required and requested by the A&R Managers and artist managers
- Monitor and itemise expenses incurred from recording, mixing, mastering and travel for writing/recording sessions
- Assist A&R Managers with finance and invoicing process (keeping track of when invoices are received and processed, liaising with finance and suppliers, etc)
- Liaise with A&R Managers to ensure contracts with producers, mixers, remixers, featured artists & samples etc are closed, and filed correctly.
- Liaise with Believe’s legal team on contract-related correspondence
- Manage digital transfers and organise audio received from production teams and studios
- Gather info from artists/producers from recordings sessions and deliver to A&R Manager and PM to be processed for label copy and publishing (if applicable)
- Ensure production delivery deadlines are met
- General administration duties
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a similar role
- Ability to build strong relationships with artists, managers, producers, sound engineers, recording studios, etc.
- Have exceptional attention to detail and be professional and personable
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a pressured, busy environment
- Be computer literate with strong Microsoft Excel, Word & Photoshop skills
- Be flexible and have ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good understanding of current musical landscape and interest in creative
- Passionate about music
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th April 2019