Beggars Group is looking for a talented, NY-based Designer with a passion for independent music to join our global art department.
The Designer will be responsible for the delivery and execution of high-quality creative projects across the Group’s labels. Working closely with the Group’s other shared-service departments, the designer will work collaboratively with label staff (and in certain cases, with external creatives) in the creation and design of various print + digital assets and promotional materials that fully realize the narrative/look and feel of artist campaigns. Our ideal candidate will have a strong aesthetic, good eye for design with an equally close eye on detail.
Equally important, we are looking for a problem-solver who has worked in a highly creative environment, with demonstrated ability in being able to deliver exceptional work within tight timelines and while juggling multiple projects and collaborating with various creative personalities.
Key Responsibilities + Duties:
- Work on album creative campaigns including LP/CD sleeves and branding
- Create engaging promotional marketing + video assets for a broad range of social media and DSP platforms as well as outdoor and retail digital sites
- Own the layout of promotional material across print and digital media directly liaising with the Global Head of Art/Creative, product managers, and labels’ creative team leads
- Ensure promotional assets and creative deliverables, are delivered on time to the correct specifications by liaising closely with marketing department and publications for all projects
- Ensure narrative alignment and design consistency across all media and assets for respective artist promotional marketing campaigns by collaborating closely and communicating effectively with label creative team leads, freelance (third-party) creatives, artists and managers. When requested, helps to establish or contribute to the brand guidelines of the respective project
- Contributes creative ideas and solutions as well as general design support for group specific initiatives as requested
- Demonstrate endless adaptability in providing creative responses to a variety and range of briefs
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Have 3 years+ experience working as a designer preferably with experience on music projects
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency of design programs. Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop with a working knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Knowledge of print production, preparing for print and creative artwork processes.
- A strong understanding in working with various social media formats is essential as is a good knowledge of digital platforms
- A creative/visual thinker with an exceptional eye for design and detail
- Strong communication (written, verbal, interpersonal) and organizational skills – the ability to communicate effectively across various internal Group teams, label teams and external stakeholders while juggling multiple priorities is critical
- Time management skills, flexibility and the ability to deliver high quality creative under tight deadlines are essential
- Familiarity with cameras, filming, and video editing would be a bonus
- A love of music and an appreciation of visual design
- Design-based degree preferable
How to apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and “US Designer” in the subject line.
Beggars Group embraces the principle of equal employment opportunity for all. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.