Beggars Music seeks a Copyright and Licensing Manager to join their London based team.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and will be an organised self starter with a strong attention to detail.
Beggars Music is completely focused on its writers and determinedly independent, administering its own rights in a full service office backed with uniquely experienced management. We believe strongly that a publisher’s role is to add value to a writer’s life and career and that in order to do so we must remain at the forefront of developments in both technology and the industry itself.
Beggars Music was born in January 2010 to strengthen and expand the Beggars Group’s publishing interests.
Core Responsibilities include
- Registering songs with PRS and IMRO
- Preparation of monthly catalogue shipment files using Music Maestro and distribution to sub publisher network
- Managing copyright queries, duplicate claims and disputes from both PROs and sub publishers
- Liaison with A&R team to ensure that copyright information for new works is delivered, and checking contracts to confirm whether minimum commitments have been met for advance payments
- Working with the Royalty Manager to resolve queries with a copyright element to ensure that royalties are not unnecessarily delayed
- Ensuring that the relevant physical product licenses are in place for new releases and circulating details for royalty tracking purposes
- Negotiating sample clearance licenses
- Working with the Creative and Licensing manager to negotiate synch licenses for all types of media.
- Co-ordinate and circulate monthly licensing report
- Liaison with legal and finance to ensure that licensing contracts and invoices are sent out on a timely basis
- Provide copyright and music publishing advice to the group and associated labels, researching copyright ownership of songs for label heads and licensing team as and when required
Salary dependent on experience.
Please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications Wednesday 10th January 2018.