Beggars Group USA is recruiting for a Head of Finance, working from their New York office.
Candidates must be hands-on, systems – literate, ideally CPA qualified, with 5 years relevant experience in Financial Operations.
Purpose of role:
- Responsible for all US accounting, tax filing, payroll and US intercompany transactions
- Management responsibility for a team of 3 people – expected to supervise, review, coach and troubleshoot Financial Operations and Royalties staff
- Wider role re. US administrator of our accounting package, NetSuite.
- Reports to UK- based group Financial Director, and locally to President, Beggars US
- Location: New York
- Monthly financial close and reconciliations
- Management of US finance monthly close & ensure all statements processed
- Supervision of timely and accurate processing of statements
- Report, review and provide variance analysis on monthly accounts
- Review of US bank recs and journal postings
- Preparation / reconciliation of intercompany transactions and balances
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Reporting of exceptions to standard costs of manufacturing and COGS analysis
- Work with Production team to resolve discrepancies
- Management support
- Preparation of US board packs for Beggars US and Matador US
- Planning & analysis for President, Beggars US and President, Matador US
- Input into UK for Board and ad-hoc Group reports
- Ensure all sales are properly reconciled to consolidated Royalties
- Generate and sense check cost reports for Royalty runs
- Review and sense check all Matador US royalty statements
- Reconcile statements to financial accounting
- Responsible for ensuring all local, state and federal filing deadlines are met through timely and accurate supply of relevant data to external tax advisors
- Mailing of forms 1099, 1042 and other relevant documents to vendors.
- Communicate group reporting requirements to tax advisors and ensure annual tax return figures are prepared and reconciled to annual accounts on time
- Prepare payroll information for bureau and ensure reporting, deductions and payments are applied accurately
- Responsible for insurance & workers’ compensation audits
Skills & Experience required:
- CPA/ CMA qualified accountant with minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
- Strong academic background, highly numerate & analytical
- Strong systems experience (Super user/Administrator)
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- NetSuite experience an advantage
- Music industry & royalties experience preferred
- Hardworking, tenacious, motivated, self-starter, finisher.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships across the business
- Commercially focused and confident in articulating solutions and their reasoning.
- Head office finance team is in the UK, so trips to the UK HO may be required
- Loves music