Beggars Group is looking a Senior Finance Manager to be based in our New York offices. Reporting into the Group’s Financial Director and locally to the President of Beggars US, the Senior Finance Manager will be the key person responsible for US local finance operations and taxes.
The position will also be accountable in managing the US finance team. The ideal candidate will be a highly analytical, proactive, self-starter and have demonstrated experience with audit, tax, and systems working within a global team. Experience within the music industry, with royalties and/or supporting leadership in a highly creative environment is advantageous and preferred.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Monthly financial close and reconciliations
- Management of US finance monthly close
- Ownership of US company P&Ls and balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversight of bank and preparation of 4-weekly cash forecast
- Analysis for President, Beggars US and President, Matador US (example: explain Project P&Ls)
- Manage relationship with tax advisors, ensure deadlines are communicated and met
- Ensure all local, state and federal requirements are met through timely and accurate supply of relevant data, including P&L forecasts.
- Review and check bi-weekly payroll prepared by HR Director
- Run reports from Fidelity payroll bureau for posting
- Responsible for 401K & workers’ compensation audits
- Review performance of various Insurance providers, with HR director
- Preparation of audit papers and key US liaison for group audit
- Ad -hoc project work for Global FD
- Involvement group-wide systems upgrades
- Assist Beggars US
Management of US Finance team (3 reports):
- Review and approve team outputs
- Ensure processes for review and approval working correctly
- Monitor financial controls, review journals, run exception reports, fix errors
- Coach and manage staff with responsibilities listed
Required Skills & Experience:
- CPA/ CMA qualified accountant
- Good proven academic background, highly numerate & analytical
- Audit & tax experience essential
- Very strong systems experience (NetSuite experience an advantage)
- Music industry & royalties experience preferred
- Tenacious self-starter who would be comfortable reporting to an off-site manager
- Must be prepared and able to get into micro-detail to problem solve local finance and tax issues
- Ability to work with and proactively engage with wider US teams
- Travel to UK headquarters may be required
Kindly send applications to [email protected] with “Senior Finance Manager” in the subject. Please note, all applications must include a cover letter and resume.
Beggars Group is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.