Beggars Group US is looking for a full time Royalties Manager in our NYC office.
We are an international group of independent record labels, primarily based in NY and London. We’re looking for someone with appropriate experience and attention to detail who would enjoy a position in a hard-working yet casual environment.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and a friendly, professional office environment located in Downtown Manhattan.
- Royalties manager is involved in all aspects of both artist and mechanical royalties. A thorough knowledge of, and comfort with, accounting concepts and legal definitions is essential in completion of all duties.
- Responsible for all royalties processing including ensuring the accuracy of reporting and the prompt processing of monies both payable and receivable.
- Practical experience with publishing obligations across new and emerging formats.
- Interpret royalty agreements, understanding the terms, conditions and calculations necessary for proper, timely and correct statement generation. Work is extremely detailed and analytical, including organization of files, drafting report schedules and summarization of contracts.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure and enforce best practices on matching, reporting systems, royalty flows and data transparency.
- Communicate metrics and status of work to Management.
- Depth knowledge of copyright registration/administration, and copyright law, proven experience with a music publishing company.
- Correspond with labels, managers, publishers, accountants, third party licensees and artists on all royalty-related matters. Help build strategic relationships throughout the publishing/artist community.
- Ad-hoc analyses as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years related work experience.
- Strong proficiency in Excel is required.
- Ability to multi-task, with a strong work ethic allowing self-set goals.
- Deep knowledge of the publishing royalties, databases, processes, technologies, and the challenges ahead.
- Tech-savvy with strong computer skills. Prior experience with Korrect systems a plus.
- Strong communications skills, including fluent spoken and written English.
- Hardworking, tenacious, motivated, self-starter, finisher
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships across the business
- Team player with a positive attitude and confidence
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a strong team and take ownership of his/her work
- Loves music
Submit application to:
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.