Beggars Group is actively looking for a Marketing & Social Media Manager to work alongside our local office team in Canada. The position will play a key role in the development and execution of marketing strategies for our artists and labels in the Canadian market alongside supporting the Group’s central global marketing team.
The core focus of the position is molding our global artists campaign plans into an effective local marketing strategy for our artists in Canada; through the use of storytelling, creative marketing, analytics, reporting, and day-to-day channel management. The role also provides general support to the local office team and will play a key part in help to build and strengthen our relationships with various partners in the Canadian market.
Beggars is a fast-paced environment; the ideal candidate must be confident in juggling multiple projects and deadlines as they will work closely with various label and management teams. It’s imperative that the individual is an exceptional communicator and self-starter as they will need to be proactive in keeping our label teams and Group departments apprised of key territory-specific information and updates.
What you’ll do:
- Pitch to local digital services for playlists, support, and marketing cooperation
- Work with Physical Distributor to enhance sales and in-store promotions
- Create, implement, and manage strategic publicity campaigns that are aligned with both the artist and project objectives for international and domestic artists – making use of multiple media channels including television, print, commercial/college radio and mainstream online outlets as well as influential social media accounts and tastemakers
- Collaborate with local concert promoters to enhance in-town opportunities
- Contribute to digital advertising booked centrally by the Beggars’ marketing team by:
- Providing local insights to help with campaign targeting
- Ensuring the campaign is meeting the right goals
- Providing the global product manager and marketing team with local spend opportunities
- Book small digital campaigns locally with the support of Beggars’ global marketing team
- Manage Beggars Canada social media & digital properties (web)
- Work collaboratively with the global marketing and art teams to create assets for local marketing
- Spot and recommend emerging opportunities for influencer marketing in social media spaces (ie. TikTok and Instagram)
- Keep an ear to the ground for new digital media, platforms and opportunities
- Analyze and report on Canadian streaming & sales data using in-house tools along with Spotify Analytics, iTunes Connect and other applicable reporting tools
- Broaden and deepen our relationships with top tier consumer, lifestyle, technology, business and specialty verticals
- Manage and respond to day-to-day press inquiries including distribution of PR materials and resources (press releases, images, reviewers’ guides, B-roll) as required
- Track key coverage for your areas and proactively share news and updates with the wider Canada and global teams when relevant
Skills & Experience you should have:
- A love of music and the culture that surrounds it
- Experience working in a marketing role within a creative environment
- Deep understanding and network of Canadian media/journalists/reviewers, social influencers and/or content creators
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Refined analytical skills and a data-driven approach.
- Ability to work on one’s own yet highly collaborative with extraordinary social and relationship-building skills
- Maintain and develop label and artist’s tone of voice across multiple platforms.
- Identify new and creative ways to reach influencing media and experts
- Canadian SIN/ work permit is required upon start date.