Beggars Group is looking for a Junior Web Development Consultant for a three-month contract assignment.
The Junior Web Development Consultant will play a key role in the creation and maintenance of a variety of web-based properties supporting our artists across all of the labels within Beggars Group.
We’re looking for someone with strong foundational knowledge of front-end coding, who’s passionate about our music and has the ability to cohesively translate our artists’ visions across web and social media formats.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create WordPress sites from scratch while overseeing and managing theme additions and edits across all labels’ artists’ websites
- Manage inbound content edit requests on sites with no CMS (eg. artists pages)
- Ability to create thought-provoking assets for social media (eg Instagram layouts, snapchat filters, etc.)
- Take existing materials and assets (packaging and other marketing web-specific materials and translate into a cohesive web-based design for websites and other web properties
- Support Marketing department with all web-based create and development initiatives for label projects
- Prepare mock-ups, work examples for US marketing meetings/presentations
- Own the development and set-up of marketing mailing lists: develop templates design/builds, manage list audits and new user set ups, and serve as the point of contact for any issues (owns Sendy platform)
- Assist the labels and group departments with ad hoc general web-development requests and provide best practice guidance as when/necessary
- Participate in weekly label marketing meetings, offering creative input with respect to web-based development and design
- Work closely with US Product Management team and respective artists/ managers directly, fielding inbound feedback and proactively managing communication of status updates and necessary input.
- Support the Director, Web Development & Marketing in managing calendar of web-specific projects timelines.
- Maintain well-structured and coherent code repositories on Github on behalf of the group and labels.
- Liase with IT department to flag potential system upgrades and proactively communicate IT/web-specific system changes impacting US teams to a non-tech literate audience
- Supports initiatives related to e-commerce business (webstores) by identifying potential capabilities with upgrades while supporting in the design of webstore platforms and e-commerce sites by providing recommendations and working cross-functionally to deliver features and layout improvements as necessary.
Requirements & Skills
- 2-3 years of experience
- Ability to work autonomously exhibiting high level of taste in design that reflects artist and campaign visions/direction
- Prior experience working in the music industry (bonus points if you’ve worked with a band or artists in developing their website)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Good photoshop skills, (Illustrator/Sketch/InDesign an advantage)
- Good semantic XHTML/HTML5, CSS, jquery (any other languages/frameworks a bonus)
- Familiarity with indesign
- Ability to multitask and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with version control
- Familiarity with product photography
- Demonstrated coding ability is a requirement!