Beggars Group Ltd is arguably the most influential group of record labels in the independent sector. We consist of five labels, four of which are based in London (XL Recordings, 4AD, Rough Trade and Young Turks), with our fifth (Matador) based in New York.
Our artists include names such as Radiohead, Queens of the Stone Age, The National and The xx. We are a friendly, ‘family’ environment – around 200 employees in total, supported by a small technology team.
Over recent years, we have been undertaking a transformation to adapt to a rapidly changing industry with an explosion in data volumes following the transition to streaming services. We are building our new systems ‘green-field’, using new technologies to develop innovative and forward-thinking solutions.
We work together with a large number, and wide variety, of partners, whether digital services, physical distributors, licensees or Music Licensing Companies, and so a key focus for us is the seamless and effective flow of data into and out of our own organisation. We are a keen proponent of industry-standards and an active participant in the DDEX community.
What you’ll be working on
As a key member of the DEV team, you’ll be developing our internal and external interfaces, focused on message construction, interpretation and choreography. This will involve both database and application components and exposure to a wide variety of connected systems.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Understanding, questioning and interpreting business requirements
- Implementing, upgrading, testing and maintaining business critical integrations in version-controlled releases
- Monitoring live integrations to ensure their smooth operation
Skill / experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in software development, including Java and SQL
- Good understanding of APIs and messaging systems. Direct experience of Mule ESB/Anypoint Studio is a major plus.
- Ownership of the software you develop, through all stages of the development lifecycle
- Adept in code version control software (preferably git)
- Enjoy learning new technologies and frameworks
- Enjoy problem-solving and ‘working it out’ from (potentially) loosely defined business requirements to create elegant solutions
- Love writing clean, concise, maintainable and well-tested code
- Great communication skills, enjoying working collaboratively in a team
- An interest in data standards (exposure to the DDEX suite would be helpful)
- Previous experience within a music or media company
- Previous experience of AWS implementations (S3, RDS, EC2)
- An interest in music
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date Friday 26 February 2021. No agencies please.