The Head of US Physical Operations is a senior management role.
The role unites the two key responsibilities of leading the physical sales teams across all distribution channels, and overseeing all aspects of the physical supply chain: manufacturing, sourcing, inventory and internal and external warehouse operations. In partnership with Group and US label leadership, the position will lead the company’s effort in driving all physical sales aspects of new releases and catalogue reissues, ensuring clear oversight of all sales, reporting and pricing analysis.
The position will also be instrumental in managing all external relationships and partnerships with third party distributors, manufacturers, and B2B + D2C retail partners. The position manages a number of Matador Direct (Beggars’ in-house physical distribution arm) colleagues and will be accountable for empowering the growth and development of the team. A successful candidate will be a maverick communicator (written, oral, interpersonal), a doer, and a natural problem solver, with an affinity for identifying key opportunities for business improvement and operational efficiencies while leveraging and developing team members to reach their full potential.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with President of Beggars US as well as US label leadership to determine US physical sales strategy and deliver on all sales targets for all physical music product for new releases + catalogue reissues.
- Manage and leverage our position with our third-party distribution partner as well as our key wholesale and B2B accounts.
- Serve as the primary liaison for Beggars labels in communicating all sales related information between Matador Direct, shared service departments, label teams, artist management, customers, and all third-party sales partners.
- Optimize relationships within the company and stay at the forefront of developments in physical sales to maximize revenue and opportunities.
- Work in partnership with UK/International Head of Physical Sales Operations and other key global stakeholder to align on all sales initiatives and release planning ensuring successful positioning and delivery of all artist releases.
- Collaborate closely and proactively communicate with group department leads, product managers and labels to provide guidance and propose recommendations on all physical sales elements of campaigns, identifying opportunities related to promotional, commercial and marketing release strategy.
- Be accountable for the delivery of all D2C + B2B sale forecasts + reporting/analysis from the bottom up based on projections by artist, release, channel and account, and partner with direct reports to ensure accurate inventory and demand planning.
- Serve as a people leader, coach and advocate for the Matador Direct ( B2B + D2C) Warehouse, Production, Inventory and Planning colleagues by leading and managing the sales team in helping to drive team development, and meet sales targets.
- Project-manage and contribute to ad-hoc projects (system upgrades, provider changes, etc.) in partnership with or at the discretion of the group’s global leadership team.
- Serve as an escalation point for D2C and B2B teams to ensure open lines of clear + consistent communication and collaboration across day-to-day duties and cross-function project-based work.
- Work closely with the Sr Director of Art + Production, ensure delivery on all manufacturing and physical stock production of CD, vinyl and merch items across a network of global suppliers and manufacturers.
- Provide support in managing relationships with all manufacturing vendors and documentation/communication of vendor manufacturing + production requirements for all physical products. Establish clear and consistent expectations with group and label staff on manufacturing realities and deadlines.
- Act as Production, Manufacturing, Inventory, Warehouse Liaison for internal staff and as an escalation point covering supply chain product related issues, providing solutions and timely support where possible.
- Continually evaluate data and analytics to inform decisions about inventory, re-orders, pricing, scheduling, planning and logistics.
Skills + Experience:
- 10-15 years of physical sales + operations, release planning and/or physical supply chain experience (within the music industry/multi-label environment)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional analytical and forecasting skills
- A natural born leader who is self-aware, able to motivate teams and empathetic in supporting individual growth and development of their employees.
- A proactive and creative problem solver who can diagnose situations and is resourceful and collaborative about solutions.
- Strong relationships with a wide range of retailer, distribution, and manufacturing partners in physical independent music space.
- A strong knowledge, passion and appreciation for our extensive and diverse catalogue.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants and employees.
To apply to this role go to https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2961432060. Alternatively, to apply or to recommend a qualified professional, please contact EnterGain, the exclusive recruiter on this assignment at Careers@EnterGain.com and include “Beggars Physical Operations US 2022” in the subject line.