Beggars Group’s US Radio Dept is seeking a highly motivated go-getter to join the promotions team. This position reports directly to VP of Promotions.
The position is fast-paced and requires the individual to have the innate ability to juggle a variety of priorities and to multi-task in an effective and proactive manner. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a good listener, able to take direction, and be a quick learner in understanding the daily inner workings of the radio promotions department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Alternative Specialty & College Radio promotion campaigns (service music, track airplay & chart positions, regularly speak to programmers nationally)
- Coordinating the delivery artist assets across all active projects/campaigns
- Managing departmental and project-specific budgets/finances (including invoicing, tracking payments, etc.)
- Creating and servicing weekly informational one sheets for all projects (including streaming info, spins, relevant press, any other updates)
- Tracking spins, chart positions, rotations & proactively reporting on and disseminating key information amongst label teams
- Maintaining various mailing lists & touring/release schedules
- Physical (when in-office) and digital mass mailings
- Arranging and coordinating travel for dept staff, radio programmers, and artists for promo and events (when travel/touring returns)
- Various other departmental administrative tasks, as needed
Skills & Experience we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in the music industry (radio/promotions experience is a plus!)
- Easy-going demeanor but extremely professional and able to maintain composure in high-pressure and stressful situations
- Demonstrated experience in being able to multi-task effectively with various competing, time-sensitive priorities.
- Strong comfortability with being on the phone, video calls, and dealing with people in general.
- Knowledge and passionate for artists across Beggars and independent music in general.
- Experience with industry resources: Nielsen BDS, Mediabase, Music Connect, Spotify & Apple Analytics, preferred not required
- Experience with Photoshop, Canva, Microsoft Office, Apple products, preferred not required
Nuts and Bolts:
- This position is a full-time, non-exempt (overtime eligible) role working out of our NY office in SoHo, Manhattan
- Standard hours are 10am-6:30pm ET
- Must be available to travel on short notice depending on radio promotion activity schedule
- Competitive benefits package + access to company perks
How to apply:
Please send your resume along with a cover letter/email to email@example.com and indicate your full name + US Radio Promotions Coordinator in the subject line.
To help us get to know you, please be sure your cover letter/email answers the following:
- Why is this role at Beggars of particular interest to you?
- Situational experience you’ve had in effectively prioritizing and managing multiple time-sensitive priorities.
Beggars Group embraces the principle of equal employment opportunity for all. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.