Job Title: Head of Social
Company: Beautiful Digital
Location: Flexible (US based / remote working available)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Do you want to work for an open minded, forward thinking, social media agency working across music and entertainment?
Seeing as we believe that each of the clients we work with is unique, and that there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to digital strategy, we’d be a bit short-sighted if we didn’t think the same about hiring the best people for our team.
This role will be working with our US team, but we’re flexible about where you’re based, as long as you have the experience and attitude we’re looking for, and are happy to drop in and out of LA, we’d love to hear from you. To find out more, keep reading!
WHO WE ARE
We are a social media agency providing distinct complete digital strategy and creative solutions for global artists and brands.
We work with artists and their teams to create cross-platform strategies of continual storytelling. We provide the highest quality content, holistic plans and updates to activate core audiences and cultivate new fans across the globe.
We use the latest media and technology to build beautiful digital profiles for our partners. We deliver impactful, memorable campaigns for some of the biggest artists and brands in music and entertainment.
As a creative agency, we are dedicated to forward thinking concepts and innovations. We believe that every client is unique and there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to digital strategy. We are passionate about what we do and that’s how we can offer an unrivalled service to our clients.
We’re looking for a Head of Social Media Marketing based in the US to help us continue to grow.
Full Time position within Beautiful Digital, US team.
5+ years experience in music/digital/social media marketing is a must – you must have experience working across all social media channels, growing a following and reporting within the music industry and vast and in-depth experience working with artists, managers and labels.
- Develop innovative marketing campaigns for clients and lead campaign ideation with internal teams.
- Collaborate with Directors on client strategy, and company approach to Social Media.
- Manage high-profile clients & their teams.
- Work with senior management to oversee all Paid Social campaigns, results and optimisations.
- Ensure client campaigns run smoothly and with maximum precision by staff on the account team across their social media channels, including TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Discord, Facebook, Twitter, Giphy, Twitch and other relevant platforms.
- Task the account team with creating detailed and robust digital strategies and plans for clients for your approval.
- Work with the internal Beautiful Digital creative team to produce dynamic graphic and video content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience, and encourages audience participation.
- Assist directors with pitches for new business and business development.
- Drive account teams to develop large and award winning global social media campaigns.
- Use your knowledge of artist teams and campaigns to proactively plan content strategies and oversee this process within the team.
- Identify viral, digital word-of-mouth social media opportunities with the goal of driving traffic, fan acquisition, and creating brand awareness for artists.
- Oversee report analysis, audience information and demographics and filter results of analysis and present it to external clients and departments.
- When applicable, work with external marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy.
- Leverage your relationships and expertise between artist teams and social media partners (TikTok, Instagram/FaceBook, YouTube/VEVO, Twitter, etc) on best practices, content trends, engagement and promotional opportunities.
- When applicable, oversee budget and fees for shoots and product upsells, such as long form videos, lenses and websites.
- Manage Beautiful Digital Staff assigned to each client team by the Company Directors, ensuring high quality campaign delivery and deadlines are met.
- When applicable, oversee and delegate across internal company platforms such as Asana.
- Manage social media communications where applicable.
- Oversee the use and creation of content calendars and timelines.
- Stay up-to-date with social media and digital technology trends.
Experience and Skills Required
- Five years experience minimum in digital or social within the music industry is a must for this role.
- Expert knowledge of all current social media and digital platforms, and a proven track record of amplifying content, creating on platform engagement, and breaking artists through a social media lens.
- Detailed knowledge of the digital music landscape.
- Account and project management experience.
- A team player and leader.
- Detail oriented.
- Have a deep understanding of social channels and communicating with audiences through different mediums.
- Experience with social media scheduling & monitoring tools, e.g. Crowdtangle, Hootsuite etc.
- Social media strategy development and delivery.
- Extensive experience shaping and managing successful social media marketing.
- Excellent knowledge of industry trends and strong personal network of contacts.
- Extensive hands-on experience with a wide range of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok plus social media tools.
- Experience of developing successful partnerships to generate revenue.
- Excellent organizational skills and a track record of delivering on time.
- Successfully uses innovative and creative problem solving to implement plans and objectives.
- Able to adjust comfortably to, and remains productive within a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Ambitious individual sought who is a self-starter requiring minimal direction.
- High level of attention to detail and project management skills.
- Successfully uses business challenges and opportunities to improve team and personal performance.
- Able to maintain successful relationships with internal and external networks that work to mutual benefit.
- Able to communicate a clear sense of purpose, direction and success in a self-assured and articulate manner.
- Able to deliver projects with the team using all available resources, measuring and monitoring performance throughout.
- Committed to continuous learning and evolving with industry best practice.
Please send a CV to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Head of Social’
Diversity and Inclusion
Beautiful Digital is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.