Founded in 2018, Beatsource was created through a partnership between DJcity and Beatport. This collaboration between the world’s largest record pool and the worldwide home of electronic music for DJs has created a new home for open-format and mobile DJs to purchase and discover new music in an environment specifically designed with the open-format and mobile DJ in mind. The Beatsource store offers six core genres – Hip-Hop, R&B, Latin, Pop, Dance, and Reggae/Dancehall – carrying the biggest hits, all in premium digital formats and with world-class DJs providing the store’s curation.
The Label Manager acts as a liaison between Beatsource and our label partners. They maintain ongoing relationships with the major labels, label aggregators, and independent labels. Working closely with our Curation and Content Operations teams, they manage content acquisition (signing new labels and tracking down content that is missing from the catalog) and ensure that the DSP has all relevant new releases on street date.
This is a relationship position that requires excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills. You need to be able to analyze situations easily to be able to connect the dots in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as Label Manager to assigned and newly introduced labels. Connect label partners to appropriate teams within Beatsource to address queries, concerns, and issues.
- Maximize both Beatsource’s and supplier’s businesses by securing original and exclusive content for Beatsource’s social media and editorial, monitoring activity to ensure all business terms are being followed (i.e. exclusive content is only available through Beatsource); monitoring release frequency and relevance.
- Put together and run integrated marketing campaigns with partners.
- Research labels that are relevant to Beatsource’s business and pursue to secure new supplier relationships. Negotiate terms of business. Work with Beatsource legal resources to generate and approve contracts. Once contracts are signed, forward to Content Operations teams to ensure terms are followed with content distribution.
- Secure content licensing for new initiatives.
- Be responsible for the quality and measure of content performance and completeness for all assigned accounts.
- 3- 5 years DSP account management/digital marketing/artist management/A&R experience
- Proven experience growing and developing accounts
- Proven experience navigating complex partner interactions
- Understanding of the digital music marketplace and supporting technology
- Strong organization and administrative skills in a collaborative environment
- General knowledge of content management systems (CMS)
- Ability to think on your feet
- Working knowledge of open-format DJ culture and current state of the industry
- Deep knowledge of Beatsource’s six primary music genres, their respective sub-genres, and key record labels/artists
- Experience dealing with labels, artists, suppliers, and aggregators
- Experience interfacing with Content Operations and Infrastructure teams
And it will be an added bonus if you’ve got:
- Ability to speak multiple languages, excellent English is a must
This is a full-time position that works out of Beatsource’s Beverly Hills office.
We offer a competitive compensation package, vacation days, and VIP access to select music events. We hire people who love what they do and we make sure they have plenty of room for growth. You will work with a team that values collaboration and mentorship.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beatsource strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. assigned
Beatsource recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Beatsource may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.