Beats 1 is the world’s most powerful and dynamic 24/7 radio station, bringing the sounds and stories of music’s biggest artists straight into Apple devices across the globe.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Programming that has a strong track record of finding new ways of connecting with audiences and identifying interesting content and formats.
As the Head of Programming, you’ll be responsible for leading program coordination and development of unique content, multi-media strategies and promotions.
You are familiar with Beats 1 programming and streaming trends, and will demonstrate by example the importance of the relationship between Beats 1, Apple Music and the industry.
- Minimum 8 years of programming experience in relevant field
- You have extraordinary planning and organizing skills, and should be able to handle multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills, as you will partner closely with the editorial team for on-air content
- You are well versed in pop culture, music and are passionate about entertainment
- Experience with broadcast television or radio automation systems
- Awareness of publishing, licensing, and clearances preferred
- You have an ability to see the big picture and ability to maneuver through a level of ambiguity
- Ability to innovate and be creative beyond traditional media and resources
- Audio editing proficiency desirable (Audition, ProTools)
- You’ll oversee the direction of programming, development of high-quality content, promotions and strategies for Beats 1 lives streaming programs.
- Ensure that the programming and development of multi-media strategies best serves the needs and interests of our Beats 1 audiences and Apple Music listeners.
- Understand the right balance of topics, news and lifestyle for the Beats 1 audience and consider social digital platforms in demonstrating our messaging.
- You’re responsible for adherence and compliance to Apple/ Beats 1 program standards and legal guidelines.
- Passionately build an environment of constant creation and implementation of dual-purpose ideas that grow ratings and revenue.
- Analyze comparative data and sort analytics and use the information to establish long term plans.
- Critiques talent and measures performance.
- Global awareness of culture and trends.
- You are passionate and contain a strong knowledge of pop culture and music.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred. 10 years + working in related field of radio & content. Must have people management experience.