Beatroot Music is the only Black-owned music distributor in the U.S. and part of the Made in Memphis Entertainment (MIME) family of companies. Beatroot is dedicated to re-establishing Memphis as a key music industry hub while expanding its influence around the world, all while developing and promoting diverse talent on both the creative and business sides of the industry. Beatroot is also dedicated to cultivating the next generation of music business executives both in Memphis and around the world.
The main component of Beatroot’s success is their dedication to putting artists first. Unlike many other distributors, Beatroot is selective about its roster of music, and provides access to a full range of other services to their artists to best showcase their talent including graphic design, playlist pitching, sync placement, digital ad campaigns, and more.
MIME’s family of companies includes MIME Records, MIME Publishing (an independent music publishing company that handles David Porter’s legendary songwriting catalog and other copyrights of some of the most sought after young producers in hip-hop and R&B), Heavy Hitters Music (a film, TV, and ad sync company with an all-female creative team and Emmy-winning music catalog), and 4U Recording (a state-of-the-art recording studio in Memphis with more branches opening soon).
The Content Operations Specialist is responsible for ensuring, timely release deliveries, troubleshooting content operations and supply chain issues and managing relationships with our global distribution partners like Apple, Spotify and our User Generated Content (UGC) partners like YouTube, VEVO, Facebook and Soundcloud. This role works closely with the Beatroot team to ensure operational best practices, service level guidelines of DSP’s are met and DSP style guides are properly implemented.
This position is a cross-functional role that requires a commitment to client satisfaction and a keen attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a positive attitude, and a desire to be part of a fast-growing company with an innovative, team-focused culture.
Beatroot is looking for a key contributor to foster and develop our content distribution successes and our strong relationships with all DSPs.
- Provide top-level customer service to labels and artists to optimize content delivery to our client dashboard system
- Manage data and asset distribution to Beatroot’s DSP partners
- Ensure quality and accuracy of all digital audio and audiovisual products
- Monitor and resolve all client-related content and delivery issues in a professional and timely manner
- Closely monitor release schedules to pro-actively discover potential problems
- Manage the on-time delivery of video assets to DSPs
- Work with DSPs to ensure 100% compliance to their delivery and release guidelines
- Utilize Youtube’s CMS functions to optimize maximum performance of assets such as managing claims, disputes, conflicts, reference overlaps, whitelisting, takedowns and match policies
- Maintain compliance with Youtube Pillar and Spotify Preferred Provider programs
- Maintain Official Artist Channel statuses, uploads and conflicts.
- Monitor and resolve SoundExchange conflicts
- Identify opportunities for DSP curated playlists
- Interact with DSPs to actively promote content for such playlist placements
- Interact with and provide support to MIME’s recording, publishing and synchronization divisions.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in digital operations or digital supply chain
- Expertise in metadata creation and management
- Detailed knowledge of all major music services
- Knowledge of DSP management systems such as iTunesConnect, Spotify CMS, etc.
- Expertise with Youtube Content ID
- YouTube Certification a plus
- Strong organization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in standard computer software (e.g., MS Office 365, Outlook, Excel, FTP clients, etc.)
- Knowledge of Hubspot, CRM and databases a plus
Los Angeles, Memphis, Atlanta, New York THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY REMOTE UNTIL SUCH TIMES AS OFFICES CAN REOPEN.”