Beatroot Music is a leading independent music distributor and part of the Made in Memphis Entertainment (MIME) family of companies. Beatroot is dedicated to re-establishing Memphis as a key music industry hub while expanding its influence around the world, all while developing and promoting diverse talent on both the creative and business sides of the industry. Beatroot is also dedicated to cultivating the next generation of music business executives both in Memphis and around the world.
The main component of Beatroot’s success is their dedication to putting artists first. Unlike many other distributors, Beatroot is selective about its roster of music, and provides access to a full range of other services to their artists to best showcase their talent including graphic design, playlist pitching, sync placement, digital ad campaigns, and more.
Dedicated to providing the highest level of service, Beatroot is seeking an experienced, digital music manager to oversee relationships with our digital music accounts on behalf of our diverse and growing roster of independent artists. The successful candidate will show proven success working in the digital music space, have a strong understanding of digital music platforms, and have a desire to help grow a company committed to the empowerment of the artistic community.
This position is a cross-functional role that requires a commitment to client satisfaction, a creative mindset and excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a positive attitude, and a desire to be part of a fast-growing company with an innovative, team-focused culture.
Beatroot is looking for a key contributor to foster and develop our content distribution successes and strengthen our relationships with all DSPs.
- Develop and oversee marketing relationships with key digital music service partners including Apple, Spotify, Tidal, Youtube, Soundcloud, Amazon, Deezer, Pandora and others.
- Create compelling artist and release pitches to maximize exposure and revenue across all global music services
- Work directly with extensive roster of artists and labels to develop successful release and playlist strategies
- Coordinate with client services and A&R departments to help develop effective marketing materials
- Ability to analyze and interpret trend analytics and sales data to guide release and marketing planning
- Cultivate promotional opportunities across all music platforms
- Work closely with content operations and client services to ensure prompt delivery of release assets
- Assist content operations with rights management of UGC content
- Excellent organizational skills and strong multitasking ability
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with digital music services
- Active network of music curator contacts.
- Proven communication skills and interdepartmental cooperation
- Familiar with content management systems such iTunes Connect, Spotify CMS, YouTube Content ID
- Ability to resolve technical operation issues
- Fluent with Office 365 suite
- Knowledge of Pipedrive and Hubspot
- Youtube certification is a plus
Location: Atlanta, Memphis or Los Angeles. Nashville and New York candidates can also be considered.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY REMOTE UNTIL SUCH TIMES AS OFFICES CAN REOPEN.
About Made in Memphis Entertainment (MIME)
Made in Memphis Entertainment (MIME) is a Black-owned full-service entertainment group with a global reach, but with its heart in the hometown of modern American music. Founded in 2015 by original Stax Records songwriter/producer and Songwriters Hall of Fame inductee David Porter (CEO) and 20+ year business and legal veteran Tony D. Alexander (President and Managing Director), MIME is dedicated to re-establishing Memphis as a key music industry hub while expanding its influence around the world, all while developing and promoting diverse talent on both the creative and business sides of the industry.
MIME’s family of companies includes MIME Publishing, an independent music publishing company that handles Porter’s legendary post-Stax songwriting catalog and other copyrights of some of the most sought-after young producers in hip-hop and R&B; Heavy Hitters Music, a film, TV, and ad sync company with an all-female creative team and Emmy-winning music catalog; Beatroot Music, a leading independent music distributor, as well as its subsidiary Beatroot Africa; and 4U Recording, a state-of-the-art recording studio brand with locations in Memphis and Atlanta.