Beatroot empowers independence with an honest and transparent work ethic that returns value to our most important rights-holders: the artist. With a tight, resourceful team of professionals working in the music industry for more than 30 years, we commit full investment in our artists.
In a time when you can record a track in your bedroom, it’s tough to get your music heard when thousands of others are doing the same. Beatroot Music believes every artist is unique. Our team supports a release for the entirety of its life cycle. Our advanced content management system gives you autonomous control of your music. We will serve as your advocate on how you want to distribute your work and work by your side to customize a distribution strategy that aligns with your sound and reaches appropriate audiences.
The Administrative Assistant is based in our Memphis, TN office and is responsible for ensuring the quality and success of company’s goals and objectives. This positions offers support to the various departments of Beatroot, a leading digital music distribution company. The role works closely with the executive team across all sister companies to ensure operational best practices are understood and implemented.
The Administrative Assistant responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
- Answers and transfers phone calls, screening when necessary.
- Welcomes and directs visitors and clients.
- Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Coordinates and schedules travel, meetings, and appointments for BRM.
- Prepares agendas and schedules for meetings.
- Records and distributes minutes or other records for meetings.
- Coordinate and assist with Beatroot Management onboarding and training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Contract/Business Affairs Assistance
- Prepare contract summaries for distributed client and disseminate to appropriate parties.
- Document management.
- Assist with monthly royalty accounting runs as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Familiarity with PandaDoc, HubSpot, Asana, and other project management software a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft and Google cloud products (Google Doc, One Drive, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in an administrative role.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.