Beatport is looking for a VP or Director, Label & Artist Relations (depending on experience) to join its team in Berlin, Germany.
The role would suit someone with a demonstrated track record in sales and relationship management roles over the past 10 years, with an in-depth understanding of the electronic music scene and a strong aptitude for trends and numbers.
Directly reporting to the CPO, the successful candidate will lead and manage three global departments: Label Management, Artist Relations and Beatport Sounds.
The Label & Artist Relations teams manage thousands of international relationships across multiple time zones.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage direct relationships with the company’s key supplier accounts, providing excellence in service to these partners and their content.
- Develop and execute content strategy using business intelligence and financial insights to define best practices in order to maximise revenue potential and growth (aptitude to use Looker and reading the numbers).
- Ensure Beatport continues to secure the best possible content in each genre and use this to further Beatport’s global appeal to new and existing users.
- Work across departments to identify emerging artists, labels and genre trends.
- Identify and provide Beatport related artist relations support to leading performers in the industry.
- Advocate for Beatport to industry partners and music community to ensure they fully understand the value of Beatport and it’s role within the market.
- Lead content supplier negotiations and new licensing deals.
- Serve as spokesperson for music and content within the company.
- Meet company goals based around content revenue and promotional opportunities tied to content.
- Communicate metrics and team updates to Executive team; report metrics on KPIs related to content, suppliers, artists and content effectiveness.
- Maintain excellent relationships with other departments and offices in order to successfully execute on special projects and marketing campaigns.
- Travel to establish new and priority supplier accounts and attend industry conferences/special events while representing the company in a professional manner.
- Manage team travel budget and coordinate periodic travel for meeting with key content suppliers.
- Meet with direct reports on a weekly basis.
- Manage team schedule and workload consistency within the team as well as performance of each individual according to job duties and expectations.
- Take the lead on conflict resolution. Provide guidance, training and mentoring to team on difficult and courageous communications.
- Special projects as assigned, Beats In School, new genres, partnerships
Some of the requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years account management experience
- Minimum 5 years direct people management experience
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader
- Experience managing cross cultural teams over wide timezones
- Experience setting goals and targets for direct reports
- Proven experience growing and developing accounts
- Proven experience navigating complex partner interactions
- Understanding of the digital music marketplace and supporting technology
- Strong organization and administrative skills in a collaborative environment
- Ability to think on your feet
- Knowledge of electronic music history and current state of the industry
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
LiveStyle strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LiveStyle’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LiveStyle may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.