Beatport is responsible for the digital accessibility of electronic music and its associated culture. We have built the largest electronic music store in the world; standing atop a colossal catalogue of inventory, containing millions of tracks catering to the tastes of over a million weekly users from around the globe. And that is just the beginning.
We are looking to a hire driven and talented Frontend Engineer to help us transform the platform into the Techno culture hub of tomorrow. Ideal candidates have a strong background in software development, creative & design problem solving, RESTful web services, web audio.
This is a high impact role on a small, agile team in Denver, CO.
This role is located in Denver, Colorado and requires eligibility to work in the United States without need for visa sponsorship. Applicants who are outside the Denver Metro area and ready to relocate are welcome to apply, but local candidates are preferred.
- Design, develop, and maintain complex, high performance, and adaptive web applications using HTML/CSS/JS
- Develop quality code through unit and functional testing
- Research and suggest new technologies to improve product development
- Rapidly prototype solutions to validate and prove assumptions
- Use your understanding of algorithms and data structures to develop performant solutions
- Experienced with Node, and front end build tools
- Experienced with view frameworks such as React
- Proficient with CSS and CSS preprocessing tools such as Sass
- Familiar with RESTful APIs
- A purpose driven, problem solver with tremendous thirst for learning
- Comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
- Passionate about electronic music and culture
If this sounds like you, we would love to chat.
We offer a competitive compensation package, plenty of vacation days, VIP access to select music events, and monthly beatport.com credits to keep your library fresh. Beatport also provides an RTD EcoPass for all employees, allowing everyone to take advantage of the light rail station located directly behind our new office. We hire people who love what they do, and we make sure they have plenty of room for growth. You will work with a team that values collaboration and mentorship. We are always helping one another and sharing empirical knowledge about our stack.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beatport strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Beatport’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Beatport may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.