Beatport is responsible for the digital accessibility of electronic music and its associated culture.
We have built the largest electronic music store in the world; standing atop a colossal catalogue of inventory, containing millions of tracks catering to the tastes of over a million weekly users from around the globe. And that is just the beginning.
We are looking to hire a qualified Site Reliability Engineer to provide technical leadership in the management and scaling of our application services. You will be responsible for building, managing, and deploying infrastructure as code within a virtual computing and storage environment for digital media delivery and supply chain management.
This role is located in Denver, Colorado and requires eligibility to work in the United States without need for visa sponsorship. Applicants who are outside the Denver Metro area and ready to relocate are welcome to apply, but local candidates are preferred.
You will have:
- Experience operating Kubernetes in a production environment
- A background in software engineering
- Familiarity with building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, GCP preferred)
- A background in building and managing highly available distributed systems
- Ability to write infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with Linux and the UNIX methodology
- A fundamental understanding of the OSI model
- A strong desire to automate repetitive tasks
- Interested in mentoring and teaching software engineers
- A strong communicator that can confidently contribute to shaping the culture of the team
- Continuously improving engineering practices
- A purpose-driven, problem solver with a tremendous thirst for learning
- Passionate about electronic music and culture
Bonus points if you bring:
- Experience working with relational databases
- Familiarity with operating a public REST API in production
We offer a competitive compensation package, plenty of vacation days, VIP access to select music events, and monthly beatport.com credits to keep your library fresh. Beatport also provides an RTD EcoPass for all employees, allowing everyone to take advantage of the light rail station located directly behind our new office. We hire people who love what they do, and we make sure they have plenty of room for growth. You will work with a team that values collaboration and mentorship. We are always helping one another and sharing empirical knowledge about our stack.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beatport strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Beatport’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Beatport may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.