Founded in 2004 as the principal source of music for DJs, Beatport today is the worldwide home of electronic music for DJs, producers, and their fans. The Beatport Store offers music in premium digital formats and provides unique music discovery tools created for and by DJs. Each week, Beatport’s music collection is refreshed with hundreds of exclusive tracks by the world’s top electronic music artists.
Beatport offers a work environment that is special in every regard on the historically–rich Spree riverfront in an office of approximately 25 people.
About the Job:
As a Product Manager at Beatport, you will be a member of the Product team. You will manage the development of new and existing products in the music industry from the initial ideas to the public release. Working closely with the Technology, the Management, the Label Relations and the Marketing teams you plan, coordinate and drive all processes to ensure successful products development and launch as well as maintaining the Beatport’s products portfolio.
The Product department at Beatport is in charge to evaluate new product ideas/concepts and convert them into reality. You will be responsible to develop our product portfolio and define our products roadmap. The Product team also covers all the Business Intelligence needs so you will also be responsible for providing actionable insights and analytical support to our business working closely with our Data Analyst.
- Project management of software product creation from first presentation to completion
- Coordination of product specification, development, GUI design, quality insurance, documentation and support
- Product Management of existing Beatport products
- Work closely with the Director of Product on products planning and controlling (creating business cases)
- Implementation of new Product development processes with the Technology team
- Close cooperation with the Technology (in Denver), the Marketing, and the Label relations teams as well as the external partners
We are looking for someone who has:
- Proven track record in Product or Project Management
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- An independent, results-oriented yet team-oriented approach
- Highly motivated, reliable and enjoys to work under pressure
- Has experience with infographics, reports and presentations of new products concept, market research, customers survey and analytical findings
- Can develop insights and summarize data to all levels of management
- Is detail oriented, care about the product itself and make sure it satisfy the customer needs
- Is fluent in English
It would be great if you:
- Have worked in a similar role for an entertainment / media / music company
- Have a strong interest in the music and the music industry as a whole
- Experience working with data visualisation tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Enjoy electronic dance music. Djing and producing is a must.
We offer a responsible and exciting proposal with an international range. The position is within a highly-motivated team with a positive working climate that will allow you to express your talent fully. In addition we offer appropriate remuneration, and very good development chances within a dynamically growing enterprise. Beyond this the position offers an intensive integration in the international music scene as well as the metropolitan city of Berlin.
- A professional environment with room for creativity and fun (dog friendly too!)
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Flex Schedule
- VIP Access to select music events
More about us:
We have offices in Denver and Berlin, so being able to work collaboratively over Flowdock, Zoom and Google Hangouts is a must. Applicants must be authorized to work in Germany.
We have a culture of collaboration and mentorship. We are always helping one another – someone almost always has the answer for any question you’ve got.
Our culture is open and entrepreneurial. Music is fun, and we think work should be too.