For over 15 years, Beatport has been the global leader in DJ and Club Culture, pushing the boundaries of dance music to all corners of the world. Created by DJs for DJs, Beatport has always been dedicated to innovating new products and services to support evolving generations of music performers and producers.
Working at Beatport, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work for an industry-defining brand in a professionally structured start-up environment where employees work within highly collaborative teams across the globe on products and services that change how DJs and fans experience music.
The Beatport Group includes some of the best-known brands in DJ culture, including Beatport, Beatsource, Loopmasters, Plugin Boutique, Loopcloud, Beatport Streaming, Ampsuite, LabelRadar, Beatport.io & The International Music Summit (IMS); we are consistently looking for bright, creative professionals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. So whether your dream job is currently listed below or not, please introduce yourself if you believe you’d be a great addition to our team, who are as excited as we are to continue revolutionizing the ecosystem that empowers DJs and creators to be successful at their craft.
Where you come in
The Beatport Group is seeking a full-time Financial Controller based in our Los Angeles office (Hybrid 1-3 day per week) to manage all aspects of the company’s accounting function. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of professional accounting experience in media and / or technology businesses, preferably in music, and will have held a controller role at a similarly sized company (Beatport has roughly 200 employees and $100M+ annual revenue).
This role will report to the VP, Financial Operations, who is based in London along with the Chief Financial Officer. The role will manage a Senior Manager, Finance, based in Denver, and two accountants based in Brighton, UK. With the majority of our team based in the UK, early morning work will be required. There will be opportunity to expand the team over time and make additional hires in the US.
- Planning, directing and managing all operational accounting functions across the Beatport entities
- Managing the monthly / annual financial close process and related financial reporting requirements, including the annual financial statement audit
- Managing debt compliance and required reporting to lenders
- Managing accounts payable, including royalty administration
- Managing income and indirect tax filings and compliance with financial regulations – Owning the company’s banking relationships and managing cash / treasury – Responsibility for oversight and control of acquisition accounting and financial integration of acquired companies
- Responsibility for identifying and documenting technical accounting issues and internal controls, including ongoing review for any changes or updates
- Navigating complex financial transactions
- Working with the People & Culture team on payroll + benefits
- Working with the Legal team to manage the company’s corporate insurance coverage and managing the annual premium audit, as required
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in media and / or technology
- Experience in a controller role at a similarly sized global company
- CPA and / or public accounting experience is strongly preferred
- Strong GAAP experience, including ASC 606, ASC 805 and ASC 830
- Strong background in acquisition planning and integration
- Experience in process improvement and automation initiatives
- Organized and self-sufficient with ability to own activity across multiple subsidiaries – Experience managing teams
- Effective, transparent and proactive communicator with both internal and external parties
How to apply
Please apply with your resume by clicking the “apply” link
We offer a responsible and exciting proposal with an international range. The position is within a highly motivated team with a positive working climate that will allow you to express your talent fully. In addition, we offer appropriate remuneration and excellent development chances within a dynamically growing enterprise. Beyond this, the position provides an intensive integration into the international music scene.
- Remote work options
- A professional environment with room for creativity and fun
- First-hand access to select music events & Livestreams
- Focus / Flexible Days
- Flexible ‘Unlimited’ PTO
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (varies by region)
- Workers’ Compensation
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Beatport Group strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Beatport’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner.
Beatport may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, Internet recruiting, job fairs and college recruiting. Beatport does not accept speculative CV’s from employment agencies unless specifically requested by the Talent Team.