Location: Los Angeles, California or Denver, Colorado
Founded in 2004 as the principal source of music for DJs, Beatport today is the worldwide home of electronic music for DJs, producers, and their fans. The Beatport Store offers music in premium digital formats and provides unique music discovery tools created for and by DJs. Each week, Beatport’s music collection is refreshed with hundreds of exclusive tracks by the world’s top electronic music artists. Beatport has offices in Denver, Los Angeles and Berlin.
About the Job:
As a BI Engineer at Beatport, you will be a member of the Business Intelligence team, part of the Business Operations department. You will be responsible for providing actionable insights and analytical support to our business, product, marketing and finance teams. You will handle data requests from Beatport stakeholders as well as ensure the quality of the underlying data. You will also coordinate with Beatport stakeholders to identify and develop reporting requirements.
Beatport operates a download store and a subscription service with its own data and business analysis needs and has ambitious plan to develop its platform. Our Data Analyst must be business minded and passionate about diving into and making sense of large, diverse datasets.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum of four years experience in a data analytics or similar field
- Has a Bachelor / Master degree in analytical discipline e.g. Maths, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Is eager to learn about various ways to analyze our business notably market analysis, user behavior, customer cohort and churn rate, product KPIs, A/B testing
- Is proficient with SQL, enjoys scripting and working with data – ability to produce complex queries optimized for performance
- Is detail oriented, care about the way data are presented: creating graphs, reports and presentations of analytical findings as well as creating clear and maintainable automated dashboards
- Can develop insights and summarize data to all levels of management
- Proficient in MS Excel / Google spreadsheets, web analytics tools like Google Analytics, data visualization tools (similar to Looker, Tableau)
- Can find ways to gather data from various websites, APIs, spreadsheets, etc.
- Can support Digital Marketing: customer journey analysis, marketing channel deep dive (performance)
- Is a good communicator and enjoys working with teams
It would be great if you:
- Have worked in a similar role for an entertainment / media / music company
- Have a strong interest in the dance music and the music industry as a whole
- Can work in at least one scripting language (Python, R, etc)
- Have some Web development experience
- Have some Project / Product management experience
- Enjoy electronic dance music
Please send a resume, and a short note introducing yourself and why this position appeals to you.