Music Tech platform Beatclub is hiring again. Beatclub is the premiere platform for artists, producers and songwriters to buy, license or sell beats, acappellas, demos, samples and loops. We are seeking an in-house attorney with music tech experience.
This person must have 5+ years legal experience, ideally in music tech, publishing or label.
Beatclub is seeking an in house attorney to handle a variety of functions for our platform including structure, negotiate, draft and review a wide variety of complex deals including soundtrack, tech, licensing agreements, be knowledgeable of producer agreements, publishing agreements, distribution agreements and various types of licenses with software and hardware companies, tv and film studios.
You should be passionate about the music industry and have previous experience working at a music publisher, record label management company or music streaming service. You should be a self-starter, and adaptable to frequent change. This position is based in Los Angeles and reports to the CEO of the company in Los Angeles.
Here you’ll get to:
- Structure, negotiate, draft and review a wide variety of complex deals including soundtrack, tech, licensing agreements, be knowledgeable of producer agreements, publishing agreements, distribution agreements and various types of licenses with software and hardware companies
- Review producer, artist and songwriter agreements with Beatclub and marketing materials to determine potential legal issues and assess the possible risks associated with their distribution; supervise clearance process
- Draft, review and approve technology agreements
Rockstar Beatclub candidates will have:
- Authorization to practice law in Los Angeles
- Minimum of five years of legal experience, including significant intellectual property experience and at least three years of transactional work in the recorded music industry
- Demonstrated drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a range of personalities and negotiating styles and establish effective relationships externally and internally at all organizational levels
- Strongly self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a close-knit team
- Sound and practical business judgment
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities
- Ability to work well in fast-paced company
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Experience working in-house at a music tech company
Why join us?
Beatclub is a company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business including producers, managers, A&R’s and more.
Consider a career at Beatclub and be a part of one of the companies changing the future of the music business today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly via [email protected]
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for Beatclub. Thanks for your interest in working for Beatclub. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.