Title: Associate General Counsel
COMPANY AND POSITION SUMMARY
Beatclub is a music tech platform created by Timbaland and other music industry professionals. Beatclub is the premiere marketplace for artists, producers and song writers to buy, license or sell beats, acappellas, demos, samples and loops.
Reporting to the CEO, the Business Affairs/ Associate General Counsel position is responsible for drafting and negotiating partnership agreements with tech companies, DSP’s, labels, publishers, TV / film, software, hardware companies, brands, licensing and marketing agreements, and other related business matters.
The position will also provide legal counsel and business advise to other departments at Beatclub Inc.
- Structure, negotiate, draft, and review a variety of complex music deals including tech partners, software and hardware partnerships, profit-split deals, licensing agreements, distribution agreements and various types of licenses.
- Draft related approval memos and contract summaries. This position will also work closely with Beatclub’s outside counsel.
- Review employee agreements, partnership agreements with brands, software and hardware companies, marketing, and promotional materials to determine potential legal issues and assess the possible risks associated with their distribution;
- Identify and analyze potential risks related to platforms content and other business activities
- To perform this job an individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
J.D from an accredited university and authorization to practice law in New York State and/or CaliforniaMember of New York/California Bar Association (Must be in good standing)
- Minimum of 5+ years of legal experience, including intellectual property experience and three years of transactional work in the recorded music industry
- Experience from prominent music company, DSP, law firm, in-house legal department preferred
- The ideal candidate will have experience with a variety of music tech-related matters including synchronization and master use licenses, record company and music publishing waivers, for purposes of music engagements for media, film, television and emerging technologies.
- Must be a self-starter and able to begin workflow each day with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a range of personalities and negotiating styles and establish effective relationships externally and internally at all organizational levels
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities
- Candidates in Los Angeles or New York preferred.