This post is within Banijay UK’s Music Department, Reporting to the Head of Music, and working alongside a senior Music Supervisor, our Production Music Library Supervisor, and our Copyright and Royalties Manager, the Music Coordinator will be involved in all aspects of Zodiak Music (a division of Banijay UK).
Zodiak Music provides three areas of business and services within the Banijay Group:
- ZODIAK MUSIC PUBLISHING – commissions, publishes and exploits original soundtrack music
- MUSIC SUPERVISION – creative consultancy, music clearances and score supervision services across Banijay UK’s group production companies
- SOUNDPOCKET MUSIC – high-quality online production music catalogue
The Music Coordinator will liaise with current productions on all aspect of music including:
- Providing clearance, licensing and budgeting advice to current productions;
- Sourcing music for productions including commercial, library and original score;
- Sourcing composers for original score;
- Negotiating composer contracts;
- Managing feedback and delivery of commissioned music / score;
- Providing accurate copyright information for cue sheet reporting;
- Checking cue sheets for accurate reporting before submission to broadcasters;
- Managing international clearances and music reversions for international programme sales; and
- Managing current commercial music database and creating updated playlists relevant to our programme synch requirements.
- This role also includes pro-active promotion of our Production Music Library to existing clients, internal producers and new external clients. Experience working at a production music library, or using production music libraries, is important. The Music Supervisor will work closely with the rest of the team to:
– Identify new catalogue for Soundpocket Production Music Library from existing music assets;
– Presenting ideas for new volumes and tracks to add to the library and identifying potential; composers for direct to library commissions;
– Creating Soundpocket playlists for clients briefs and for library marketing; and
– Contributing to promotional ideas for the business.
Knowledge & Skills
Applicant must have at least two years of experience in the following:
- Knowledge of UK broadcaster blankets, IPC and secondary Programme Sales Blanket;
- Handling licence and clearance requests with publishers and labels for non-blanket uses;
- Sourcing, briefing and commissioning composers to write for productions;
- Managing relationships between TV producers, directors and composers; and
- Solid knowledge of production music libraries.