Opportunity: Music & Secondary Rights Royalty Assistant
Company: Banijay Group
Location: Shepherds Bush, London
Banijay stands as the largest international content producer and distributor; home to over 120 production companies across 22 territories, and a multi-genre catalogue boasting over 88,000 hours of original standout programming.
A collective of creative entrepreneurs, the group represents some of the biggest global brands including Survivor, Big Brother, Peaky Blinders, Temptation Island, MasterChef, Wallander, The Kardashians, Mr Bean, The Wall, Hunted, Black Mirror, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Deal or No Deal among others. Imagining and delivering high-quality multi-genre IP that was born locally and travels globally, the business offers the best stories told the best way.
Built on independence, creative freedom, entrepreneurialism and commercial acumen, the company, launched in 2008, operates under the direction of Chief Executive Officer, Marco Bassetti.
About this role:
The music copyright and royalty specialist is responsible for management of Banijay’s music publishing and copyright activity, including administering catalogue registrations, copyright agreements and royalty collection.
- Assist with timely and accurate copyright registration process with sub-publishers and collecting societies across music and AV secondary rights.
- Manage the AV Secondary Rights royalty process from start to finish: Registering new works with various collection societies (via a third party aggregator), prepare royalty statements for ingestion and allocation via our database system, managing the conflict resolution procedures, and dealing with any other SR-related queries.
- Prepare incoming royalty statements from a number of sources across music and AV secondary rights for ingestion into internal database systems.
- Assist with internal revenue allocations and statements for internal accounting.
- Manage accounting and composer pay-aways for Soundtrack and Master Licensing revenue.
- Manage secondary rights conflict claims procedure and resolution.
- Assist with preparation and analysis of revenue reports for forecasting and budgeting.
- Assist with implementation of legacy copyright and royalty data between systems.
- Maintain copyright and royalty databases.
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiarity with Music Maestro and SQL
- Familiarity with secondary rights, including registrations and conflict management
- Confidence in dealing with financial, copyright and usage data, with the ability to succinctly summarise for management and financial reports
- Excellent excel proficiency
- Proficient grasp of the nature of music publishing, specifically pertaining to television and the production music business, with an understanding of the copyright, royalty and revenue streams associated
- Familiarity with the UK and international PRO networks and international sub publishing networks
- Experience dealing with distributions, writer payments and working with music publishing administration deals
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate complicated information both externally and across all levels of an organisation
- Ability to time-manage and handle multiple tasks efficiently, in addition to being extremely detail-orientated
Reporting To: Group Director, Music & Secondary Rights
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
Banijay People Contact: Abigail Slater, HR Advisor
Banijay UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and are committed to providing a creative and inspirational home for all people.
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing.
We are creative, respectful, brave and diverse. That’s why we want to offer everyone new opportunities to match their ambitions.