Job title: Library Music Supervisor
Company: Banijay Group
Location: Shepherds Bush, London
Banijay is the largest independent content producer and distributor; home to over 130 production companies across 20+ territories, and a multi-genre catalogue boasting over 150,000 hours of original programming.
Beacon Music is our Banijay-owned music library platform with over 33,000 tracks aimed specifically at our production houses. There are 5 labels producing 40-50 albums per year across all styles and genres of music. Banijay is a collective of creative entrepreneurs. The group represents some of the biggest global brands including Survivor, Big Brother, Peaky Blinders, Temptation Island, MasterChef, Wallander, Rogue Heroes, Mr Bean, The Wall, Hunted, and Black Mirror among others. Imagining and delivering high-quality multi-genre IP that was born locally and travels globally, the business offers the best stories told the best way.
Banijay is built on independence, creative freedom, entrepreneurialism, and commercial acumen.
This is a key role within the Banijay Music Team. The Library Music Supervisor is responsible for increasing the use of Beacon Music within Banijay Group Productions. We are looking for a dynamic library music expert who can lead all music supervision for Beacon library music and work creatively across all genres of television production.
- Providing library music expertise and creative support across all of our television productions
- Liaising with Group companies outside of the UK to increase music usage of Beacon library music as much as possible.
- Managing format music packages and liaising with Creative Networks and Banijay Rights for distribution to Format Licensees.
- Supplying producers with library music for commercial music replacements for international reversions
- Collaborating on new library music commissions in conjunction with Music Library Manager and Library Producer by identifying catalogue needs and suggesting new volume concepts.
- Working closely with Music Team Assistant to track new productions and ensure Beacon Music content is placed in productions as much as possible.
- Identifying music from existing catalogues that is not actively attached to a format for potential exploitation as library music.
Knowledge & Skills
- Music clearance for television and multi-media: knowledge of UK broadcaster and Independent Production Company blankets as well as direct clearance with rights holders is essential;
- knowledge of wide-range of musical genres;
- knowledge of music and understanding of its role and importance in audio-visual production with experience sourcing production library music for variety of television formats
- network of contacts in commercial synch, production music libraries and composers / music houses;
- confident with IT based solutions for managing music and information and web-based music resources;
- strong comprehension of music copyright and music licensing;
- data asset management and production music cataloguing experience; • working to strict production and delivery deadlines; and
- Highly organised, strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and manage multiple productions and projects at any given time.
- Reporting To: Group Director, Music & Secondary Rights
- Contract Type: Full time, Perm
- Hours: 9:30am – 6pm (We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.)
- Date Posted: 3nd May 2023
- Deadline: 14th May 2023
- Banijay People Contact: Shantae Bryan (email@example.com) – HR Assistant
We are an inclusive and disability confident employer. We actively encourage applications from individuals from diverse and under-represented backgrounds and are committed to providing a creative and inspirational home for all people.
To make sure we are inclusive and accessible to all, please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments or assistance either to help you with your application or whilst working with us.