Banijay stands as the largest international content producer and distributor; home to over 120 production companies across 22 territories, and a multi-genre catalogue boasting over 88,000 hours of original standout programming.
A collective of creative entrepreneurs, the group represents some of the biggest global brands including Survivor, Big Brother, Peaky Blinders, Temptation Island, MasterChef, Wallander, The Kardashians, Mr Bean, The Wall, Hunted, Black Mirror, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Deal or No Deal among others. Imagining and delivering high-quality multi-genre IP that was born locally and travels globally, the business offers the best stories told the best way.
Built on independence, creative freedom, entrepreneurialism and commercial acumen, the company, launched in 2008, operates under the direction of Chief Executive Officer, Marco Bassetti.
About this role
Music copyright and royalty specialist responsible for management of Banijay’s music publishing and copyright activity, including administering catalogue registrations, copyright agreements and royalty collection.
- Maintaining copyright and royalty databases for Banijay Brand’s global music catalogues.
- Managing and implementing migration of legacy copyright and royalty data from Endemol Shine’s database to an efficient group system.
- Managing a project with external consultants to ensure all copyright and royalties data is complete and up to date.
- Manage transition from one external partner to another, including setting up new operational, reporting and copyright processes for group and managing these processes once integration is complete.
- Managing copyright registration of new and existing music works both directly with societies globally and/or via sub-publisher partners.
- Prepare regular royalty reporting for client producers, composers and 3rd parties and work closely with finance teams to ensure clear and accurate exchange of info
- Maintaining revenue calendar and reports for the Group Director, Music & Secondary Rights and support with regular budgeting & forecasting.
- Managing & developing efficient internal systems to support music rights & royalty activity (including for integration of ES’ and Banijay’s existing music rights / tracking systems).
- Overseeing delivery of music masters to digital platforms, audio recognition services & emerging societies
- Working closely with Music Library Manager and our library distribution partners to ensure accurate music registrations across all labels.
- Co-ordinating with rest of the team to inform accurate cue sheet reporting of Banijay owned music.
- Working closely with Music Secondary Rights Manager on shared music and secondary rights processes and databases to drive efficiency and aid royalty tracking across both areas.
- Preparing and maintaining tracking reports covering worldwide music usage, transmission and sales data whilst overseeing regular delivery to societies & admin.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in using Music Maestro for CWR registration and royalty reporting
- Familiarity with Sequel databases and the transfer of data into Music Maestro
- Experience in transferring large amounts of data between systems and the ability to trouble-shoot issues as they arise
- Confidence in dealing with large amounts of financial, copyright and usage data, with the ability to succinctly summarise for management and financial reports
- Excellent excel proficiency
- Detailed grasp of the nature of music publishing, specifically pertaining to television and the production music business, with a deep understanding of the copyright, royalty and revenue streams associated
- Familiarity with the UK and international PRO networks and international sub-publishing networks
- Experience working with cue sheets and the relevant reporting processes
- Experience dealing with large-scale distributions, writer payments and working with music publishing administration deals
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate complicated information both externally and across all levels of an organisation
- Ability to time-manage and handle multiple tasks efficiently, in addition to being extremely detail-orientated
Group Director, Music & Secondary Rights
Fixed Term Contract – 18 months
We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.