Starting immediately, we are looking for YouTube Operations and Optimisation Manager for a fixed-term contract up to 12 months.
The role will lead operational strategy for maximising AWAL’s music and video catalogue on YouTube and be responsible for generating revenue from User Generated Content through digital asset management and manual claiming as well as ensuring our rights are represented accurately.
Supporting AWAL’s artists and label partners, you will provide exceptional asset management and conflict resolution services and maintain accurate metadata.
The YouTube Operations and Optimisation Manager will have direct contact with clients and ensure music catalogue transfers are done smoothly.
WHAT DOES A YOUTUBE OPERATIONS AND OPTIMISATION MANAGER DO?
- Monitor music content set up and publishing to YouTube and ensure AWAL repertoire is successfully monetised.
- Co-lead the operational relationships with YouTube
- Interface and build relationships with other labels and distributors to resolve issues around content ownership and availability
- Support business requests for rights and policy updates
- Own service-level documentation and internal best practice guidelines for YouTube Channel Optimisation
- Identify opportunities for workflow improvements, partnering with Product & Tech where relevant to implement supporting tools
- Work with specific artists and their teams to provide premium service where required
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- An expert in YouTube music rights management with a deep understanding of the YouTube CMS to resolve rights conflicts, manage claims at scale and administer channels
- A confident customer-focussed approach with advanced relationship management skills, ability to interface between partners, internal client-facing teams and artist, manager or label clients
- Operational mindset with the ability to use data to optimise workflows and maximise revenue
- Knowledge of digital copyright issues as well a a love of music and digital technology
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to a non-technical audience
- Self-starter with the ability to manage projects end to end and with a continual improvement ethos
- SQL knowledge a plus
Status: Temporary for up to 12 months
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. AWAL, Kobalt’s recording company, is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system. AWAL is the partner for leading artists and labels including Lauv, Finneas, girl in red, AG Club, Yung Bans, Kim Petras,,Gus Dapperton, Little Simz, Dayglow, COIN, , Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons), Blue Raincoat Music / Chrysalis (Sinead O’Connor, The Specials), and many more!
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.