As VP of Artist Marketing, Hip Hop and R&B, you are a “culture builder” who will lead a marketing team, drive priorities across the company, shape campaign strategies and product manage a roster of Hip Hop and R&B artists.
This position will work closely with the international team around the world to create and synchronize global marketing campaigns, including, budgeting and scheduling. In addition, you will form close partnerships and collaborate with digital marketing, creative marketing, A&R, radio promotion, synch, publicity and our commercial partnerships teams. You will also be a primary point of communication with artist and artist management partners.
You are a strategic thinker, problem solver, an exceptional creative marketer with the proven ability to multi-task with experience developing and executing artist marketing campaigns. You are also an experienced people manager with the leadership skills to lead a team and drive artist campaigns through the global organization.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS THE VP ARTIST MARKETING, HIP HOP AND R&B?
- Lead marketing campaigns and strategy
- Product-manage a roster of Hip Hop and R&B artists
- Manage the marketing & product management team
- Create comprehensive, creative marketing campaigns and implement that strategy throughout the company
- Lead inter departmental collaboration for the Hip Hop and R&B marketing team
- Manage and oversee marketing campaign budgets across the Hip Hop and R&B roster
- Synchronize campaigns and collaborate closely with global marketing teams
- Release scheduling and the escalation point for asset delivery and release management process
- Lead marketing campaigns and strategy across the roster
- Manage Product Management assignments
- Relationship manager for artists and managers
- Develop relationships with external brands and marketing partners
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have at least 5+ years of music marketing experience with focus on artist marketing and release strategy in the Hip Hop and R&B genres
- A deep understanding of current and future trends in Hip Hop and R&B, with an extensive network and a stellar reputation in the music business as well as within the Hip-Hop and R&B artist and industry communities
- Having successfully managed a team previously is a must-have, and you need to demonstrate strong people management skills as well as an ability to lead and develop high-performance teams
- You have strong business acumen skills, and a track record of making competent business decisions through strategic thinking and strong leadership capabilities
- You also have in-depth knowledge emerging and established streaming and social platforms, as well as digital and social marketing best practices
Why choose us?
AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, Finneas, girl in red, AG Club, Yung Bans, Kim Petras ,Gus Dapperton, Little Simz, Dayglow, COIN, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons), and many more!
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.