AWAL has revolutionized the recording business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers.
This has created a high-quality path for artists to achieve success while maintaining ownership of their masters.
Our mission is to partner with independent artists to tell stories that shape culture. We constantly innovate to remove all barriers between artists and the A&R teams or store editors that help them take their projects to the next level.
As the streaming landscape continues to grow and change, AWAL is looking for a personable, proactive and analytical Streaming Manager to work within the Global Commercial Partnerships team in a unique future-facing promotions role.
As influencers in the streaming ecosystem become more niche focussed and fanbases become increasingly fragmented globally – promotional strategy in music needs to evolve and respond to these changes. The role is primarily an account management role but shared with an audience development remit.
This amazing opportunity will allow you to work with an incredibly diverse roster of up and coming as well as established acts, helping to drive their positioning, playlisting and profiles across digital services like YouTube, Vevo, Soundcloud, Tik Tok and Resso (Tik Tok’s streaming service).
Reporting to the VP, Promotions, you will help with the day to day management of new release information and pitching materials to ensure new and ongoing releases are presented to selected UK & International DSPs as well as building long term promotional strategies and stories.
To be successful in the role, we need someone with natural sales ability, but with a humble approach and focus on getting results in innovative and forward-thinking ways.
You will be AWAL’s primary contact for YouTube, YouTube Music, Vevo, Soundcloud and Resso (Tik Tok’s streaming service) outside of North America and responsible for monitoring and reporting on streams, audience development, sales and trends using AWAL’s proprietary analytics tools. Ideally you have an analytical mindset, an eye for detail and love digging into the data.
What does a Streaming Manager at AWAL do?
- Manage day to day relationship and represent AWAL releases to selected Digital Service Providers (including but not limited to YouTube, YouTube Music, Vevo, MCNs (Multi Channel Networks), Soundcloud, Resso, Tik Tok)
- Develop, drive and action audience development strategies across AWAL’s roster on YouTube, Vevo,
Soundcloud and Resso in collaboration with the US based Global Commercial Partnerships team, UK marketing and digital marketing departments
- Work with marketing leads to help define and deliver promotional, streaming and playlisting strategies
- Prepare presentations for playlist and editorial pitching meetings
- Build and manage database of DSP contacts and MCNs
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key contacts at DSP, bringing them to AWAL gigs
- Generate weekly reports on the status of artist campaigns including playlist and on-platform profile
- Analyse performance of releases using AWAL’s analytics tools
- Communicate new developments, initiatives and best practices at select digital services to the Marketing and Label Management teams
Who you are
You will have at least 3 years’ experience working in the music industry. Background working for a promotions company, streaming / partnerships team, or DSP preferred but not essential. In addition to:
- Deep understanding of Digital Service Providers particularly YouTube and YouTube Music
- Existing network and contacts at DSPs
- Comprehensive knowledge of current and future trends in music landscape
- Working operational knowledge of digital delivery processes and digital services requirements
- Global outlook and understanding of international markets
- Strong verbal, written, communication and analytical skills
- Analysing performance of releases using the AWAL analytics tool and 3rd party platform analytics tools
- Excellent time management skills
- Organized self-starter, able to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and work in a high-pressure environment
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An excellent range of benefits, like private medical cover, a generous pension scheme, life assurance and income protection, plus loads of music biz perks
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess