We’re looking for a digital distribution, DSP operations, and/or delivery integrations manager to join AWAL’s global Digital Operations department in an exciting new role. Based in our London office, you will manage and develop a small team responsible for overseeing day-to-day digital distribution and DSP operations, working with your team to ensure the quality and success of AWAL’s global digital music distribution to partners such as Spotify and YouTube. You will oversee the operational relationships with AWAL’s digital partners (including managing your own set of key partners) and work closely with our operational, technical, and business teams to optimize digital delivery and implement new features and improvements over time. You will also partner closely with AWAL’s global Digital Content Operations team to assist streamlined end-to-end digital content workflows and best practices and resolution of day-to-day delivery issues.
As an important member of AWAL’s Digital Operations department, you’ll have an opportunity to use your existing expertise in digital music distribution and DSP delivery integration to build a small team from the ground up while growing your experience and skills within a positive team environment. The role suits someone who is experienced with the operational and technical day-to-day of music delivery to digital platforms and looking to move into their first line management position as well as someone with existing experience overseeing a digital delivery and DSP integration team and wanting to develop further in this area.
AWAL is a preferred supplier to the major DSPs, holding Direct Live status with Apple and Preferred Partner status with Spotify. We deliver audio and video to all of the key platforms using our bespoke supply chain system, powered by AWAL’s market leading technology, making thousands of deliveries per week.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR MANAGER FOR DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION & DSP OPERATIONS DO AT AWAL?
- Manage and develop a small team, helping them gain knowledge and confidence to reach goals and further their potential
- Oversee day-to-day operational and technical running of AWAL’s digital distribution, including dedicated account relationships with key DSPs (such as iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, Facebook, Amazon, and TikTok)
- Proactively identify and implement continual improvement ideas to streamline, enhance, and evolve AWAL’s management of digital distribution
- Manage resolution of operational and technical issues relating to AWAL’s digital delivery integrations and content distribution to DSPs
- Be an expert in AWAL’s digital delivery specifications and downstream supply chain and work closely with the Director of Digital Distribution & DSP Operations to identify, prioritize, and implement new DSP requirements into the end-to-end AWAL business
- Oversee back catalogue and new release digital delivery to DSPs, including ensuring optimized and accurate content availability at DSPs
- Provide timely resolutions and structured feedback for other AWAL teams teams when issues are reported
- Manage new DSP onboarding and integration with AWAL’s digital supply chain systems as well as DSP offboarding
- Build a strong partnership with AWAL’s Digital Content Operations team, work collaboratively with other AWAL teams, and be a subject matter expert for your area
- Proactively contribute to the training, education, communication, and collaboration activities with other AWAL teams and stakeholders
- Generate reporting on Digital Supply Chain activities and identify successes and risks
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in a digital music operations, distribution, or supply chain role managing digital delivery and integrations with DSPs
- General understanding and fluency with digital music content processes, best practices, and content management systems (such as label copy, metadata and asset management)
- Experience managing operational relationships with digital music services (e.g. Spotify, YouTube)
- Good understanding of DDEX ERN digital delivery specification and integration practices
- Able to understand technical concepts and relate these to operational considerations
- A proactive problem solver who relishes creating robust resolutions and streamlined processes
- Ability to communicate calmly and concisely and proactively manage complex and time-sensitive matters
- Someone who is looking to develop both personally and professionally and enjoys, shares our values and puts these at the forefront of what they do to improve existing processes optimizing revenue for AWAL’s artists and labels
- Meticulous attention to detail, particularly with regards to resolution of technical operational issues
Someone who is super communicative and not afraid to ask questions or take ownership
- Has strong leadership qualities, and brings a positive approach and ability to self-organize the activities of themselves and others
WHY CHOOSE US?
AWAL has revolutionized the recording business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to achieve success while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Lauv, FINNEAS, Dayglow, JVKE, Gus Dapperton, girl in red, Cold War Kids, Little Simz, khai dreams, and many more.
AWAL is currently over 150 people based across 10 offices and we’re continuing to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the best addition to our successful team.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.