At AWAL, we’re working with an epic roster of emerging talent and more established artists and labels from all over the world. Our objective is to support those artists and labels to achieve their full potential and to help them take their business to the next level within the AWAL ecosystem.
Reporting into the VP of Community Support, you will be running a growing team in New York alongside our London department. You’ll be focusing on both supporting the diverse artists in the AWAL roster that we’re looking to develop through the AWAL ecosystem and leading the growing team. Experience working directly with artists in a fast paced environment and managing their expectations while, also, delivering outstanding support is going to be essential. Time spent managing people is key as this team is set to grow and ensuring those staff bring increasing value to the roster while they progress their own career is very important to us. You will be working alongside the Senior Community Support Manager based out of London and together you will contribute to team strategy and development.
WHAT DOES THE SENIOR COMMUNITY SUPPORT MANAGER DO AT AWAL?
- You will manage a small team that support the AWAL Core roster with their day to day tasks as well as support their career progression through goal setting and regular 1:1s
- You also look after a large roster of exciting artists & labels; providing advice on operational issues and on best practices and pitching for DSP support
- You liaise regularly with the AWAL A&R and Global Commercial Partnerships teams in order to provide opportunities to artists and help them develop their business partnership with AWAL
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Should have substantial experience in Artist, Label or project management
- Customer Support skills (the heart of what we do)
- Experience using ticketing systems for supporting client communications
- You have a track record of managing others in terms of support, workload management and development.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set as well as being tech savvy with the ability to pick up new systems quickly
Why choose us?
Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, Finneas, girl in red, AG Club, Yung Bans, Kim Petras, Gus Dapperton, Little Simz, Dayglow, COIN, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons), and many more!
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
AWAL is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.