AWAL is a world-renowned music company known for building the careers of independent recording artists who own their own works, maintain creative control, and take home the lion’s share of revenue, all without long term contracts. We are looking for a talented attorney to join AWAL as a Senior Manager of Business Affairs in Los Angeles.
The Senior Manager will report to the SVP of Business Affairs in Los Angeles, Daniel Stuart. This person’s primary duties will be to draft and negotiate a variety of recording agreements and related documents, manage a wide range of business and legal matters, manage data and information related to our recording agreements, and coordinate with our A&R, promotion, sync, and operations teams to resolve challenges and help ensure that our agreements with our clients are properly administered.
The ideal candidate will be an attorney with an advanced understanding of current recording agreements and music industry practices, exceptional organizational skills, and meaningful experience with music royalties, producer agreements, rights clearances, music publishing and music distribution.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Attorney licensed by the California State Bar
- 3-6 years’ experience as an attorney, law clerk, and/or music industry business affairs professional
- Persuasive and practical negotiation skills (both written and verbal)
- Positive interpersonal client relations skills for managing relationships with artists, managers, accountants, lawyers, and our senior executives
- Precise and efficient drafting skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience mastering and using a variety of data management platforms
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.