We are a different kind of commercial partnerships team here at AWAL Recordings. We build our campaigns hand in hand with artists and we work in an excellent company where everyone has a global responsibility.
As a team, we are a supportive, proactive, inquisitive bunch, who always think artist first and pride ourselves on our relationships with DSPs both in the UK and internationally.
We’re building the future. Do you want to join us?
AWAL is looking for a personable and ambitious Manager to work within the Global Commercial Partnerships team in a unique, future-facing promotions role.
Based in London and reporting to the Vice President, Global Commercial Partnerships, the Manager will be responsible for AWAL’s relationship with Spotify and Amazon Music outside of North America, leading strategy and building relationships with key editorial, marketing and label relations teams in multiple territories
The ideal candidate is results-driven and ambitious with an entrepreneurial mindset as well as a natural ability to build lasting relationships.
To be successful in the role, you also have to be a collaborative team player but with a humble approach focused on getting results in innovative and forward-thinking ways.
- Cultivating and strengthening relationships with key editorial, marketing and label relations teams primarily at Spotify and Amazon Music in addition to select international regional DSPs
- Secure partnerships, editorial profile and opportunities for AWAL artists at DSPs
- Develop and implement playlisting and DSP strategies that ultimately maximise revenue, market share and opportunities for AWAL artists.
- Pitching AWAL artists both digitally and face to face with DSP contacts, come up with creative ideas for DSP partnerships
- Liaise with international territories for localized campaign strategy and work on multi territory campaigns – AWAL has a ‘global first’ approach
- Contribute to the overall digital release strategy and work closely with the Global Commercial Partnerships team,
- Marketing and the Artist Development teams on audience development both on and off platform
- Identify opportunities to reinvigorate artist catalogue on DSPs
- Read and interpret analytics to deliver actionable insights on AWAL’s proprietary tools as well as Spotify For Artists, Amazon Music For Artists, Chartmetric, Sound Charts among others
- Communicate streaming, play-listing, digital sales and streaming results throughout the AWAL organization
- Prepare streaming reports and key-results for priority campaigns
- Representing AWAL at gigs, conferences and partner meetings
Successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Passionate about music and knowledge of current and future trends in music and culture
- Deep understanding of emerging and established streaming and social platforms
- Understanding of industry best practices for various accounts & retailers, marketing and operations
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of building and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities, as well as in the work environment, and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to set and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Google Suite, particularly Google Sheets
“The greatest thing about working in the GCP department here is that it places you right at the centre of everything; you’ll interact with every AWAL department. There’s an amazingly unique collaborative spirit at AWAL that encourages you to contribute to any conversation, no matter the topic, in pursuit of innovation and fresh ideas. Combined with a universal belief in the way AWAL’s model is changing the industry for the better, the result is a dynamic, exciting, and rewarding place to work.”
Robin Richards, Manager, Global Commercial Partnerships