Reporting to the SVP of Creative Marketing, the Senior Director, Strategic Marketing will act as a hub of creative ideation, prospecting, collaboration, and execution of artist partnerships with brand and media partners across all verticals. This role serves as the connective tissue between the AWAL Recordings artist marketing teams, artist/management teams, and our external brand and media partners.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC MARKETING AT AWAL DO?
- Ideate and develop creative, content-driven concepts and brand integrations for the AWAL roster across all genres
- Collaborate with artist / management, AWAL marketing teams, brand partners and contracted producers to develop and create successful campaigns
- Using deep analytics and strategic thinking, identify opportunities & target partners, establish contact and nurture relationships in order to secure promotional & strategic marketing opportunities for AWAL’s Artists
- Negotiate brand deals & all applicable terms on behalf of AWAL Recordings and its artist roster
- Manage projects from pitch to delivery including all internal & external project communications
- Review and approve day-to-day project plans and creative assets from creative partners
- Provide direction, attend shoots and post production sessions as needed to supervise, approve, or guide creative deliverables
- Work with the AWAL leadership team to review and evolve departmental strategy and direction, optimize processes, assess performance, and research/recommend new resources as needed
- Be an industry leader and innovator with regard to creative marketing and branding trends
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the branded/corporate partnership marketing space, with at least 5 years of experience within the music industry
- Excellent out-of-the-box creative thinking, writing and visual storytelling skills
- Excellent network of brand, agency and media partner relationships
- Must be highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial in spirit, collaborative and results-driven
- Must have a deep understanding of how to identify and preemptively act on music industry trends, artist insights, data & analytics
- Must possess strong budgeting, time management, project management skills
- Must have excellent presentation and communications skills
AWAL is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.