The Senior Director of Release Management oversees the global AWAL Release Management team (2 people based in New York and 3 people based in London).
The team is responsible for accurate and timely creation of AWAL Recordings releases for digital and physical distribution and liaises with artist teams and internal teams to handle all aspects of product build, release set up and scheduling to ensure AWAL products meet release date.
The role requires extensive experience with the digital supply chain, music metadata as well as physical product creation and production in the music industry. The role also requires experience of working directly with artists and management teams on the product creation process, including experience of delivering high quality, creative products across multiple physical formats. The role will provide leadership for the Release Management team and will be responsible for directly managing at least 3 people.
What you will do as a Senior Director, Release Management
- Manage the Release Management team, including managing client rosters and setting team and individual priorities and goals
- Oversee the team’s management of physical stock control
- Potentially manage a small roster of artist projects which includes working with Marketing teams and directly with artist teams to execute the creation of digital and physical products in AWAL’s systems
- Oversee onboarding of new AWAL Recordings clients, communicating all relevant audio, artwork, label copy specifications & timelines
- Work closely with AWAL Marketing Leads on upcoming release timelines, scheduling, and delivery of products
- Run the weekly scheduling and production meetings
- Process manufacturing invoices and POs
- Provide advice to clients and AWAL Marketing teams with respect to physical product specs, timelines, creative options
- Manage top level relationships with manufacturing brokers and distribution partners
- Planning and implementing new processes for the department
- Oversee workflow for catalogue transitions and registrations for neighbouring rights and charts
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience working in a release management role for a record label or music distributor, with a good working understanding of both the physical and digital supply chain and services
- Proven ability to manage people
- Numerate and tech savvy with strong attention to detail and good understanding of metadata and assets
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively internally and across the business and with external clients and suppliers as required
- A proven network across manufacturers and brokers for physical products
- Proven ability to work successfully with artists and designers
- Can demonstrate an ability to work under pressure and remain highly organised and efficiently structure and prioritise your workload
- Proactive, self-motivated