We’re currently working with an incredible and growing roster of emerging talent and already established labels from all over the world. We’re looking for someone to be responsible for the day to day management of our UK AWAL Label Management team, operating out of the London office. The role also works closely with our North America label management team and provides support to label managers in Europe and Australia. You’ll be looking after a small roster of the higher profile clients while also managing the label managers.
It’s a very exciting time for the company as a whole and particularly within the label management team where we’re really proud to be looking after so many of the hottest records being released right now. At AWAL we’re doing things differently and are well placed to make the most of the changing face of the industry. You role leading the growing team will be very exciting challenge.
Founded in 2004, AWAL is the trusted partner of independent artists and labels globally, from new artists at the beginning of their career to global successes. With local offices across the world, AWAL offers services such as distribution, YouTube monetization, playlist promotion, member support from industry experts, and real-time data analytics through the AWAL Portal and App. Our client roster includes both established and emerging artists such as Moby, Placebo, Chip, Gabrielle Aplin, Todd Terje, Tom Misch, R3hab and Vérité, and labels including B3SCI, Chrysalis Records, Marathon Artists, Kid Coconut, Independiente and mau5trap.
At Kobalt, we’re currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
Main job focus
- Leading and supporting the UK label management team to develop their client-facing skills and industry knowledge to ensure that we are providing excellent service to our evolving client base as we scale
- Close collaboration with our A&R and marketing teams on identifying and developing priority artists and releases as they upscale towards full label services and project management.
- Working closely with the LA-based SVP Client Development and the North America Label Management team to build a strong, unified global team, and developing and driving best practices for serving our client base and training new label managers.
- Provide leadership and development for the UK AWAL label managers, with particular focus on improving campaign and marketing support, setting excellent standards for artist /client communication and maintain excellent client service levels across all client types and tiers.
- Provide strong support to SVP, Operations and SVP, Client Development and the global label management team in developing, standardising and implementing best practices and consistent global processes.
- Manage a roster of priority clients – both independent artists and labels. Support these clients with distribution and release planning advice and best practices.
- Deliver ongoing training and development for team members to continually improve the skills and knowledge of the team to support client campaign and marketing needs.
- Support UK label management team with onboarding of new clients, with particular focus on growing area of label/catalogue clients
- Support incoming Label and B2B business, including servicing needs around physical distribution and catalogue management as required.
- Regular client roster audits to ensure team focus is on current priority clients.
- Provide training to new UK Label Managers as the team expands and oversee hiring of new label managers as we scale.
- Work in conjunction with A&R teams on identifying AWAL clients to upstream to label services, and help to manage that process seamlessly.
- Provide reporting to AWAL senior management as required
- Represent AWAL at artist showcases & gigs, plus relevant industry conferences and events.
- Passionate about music. With minimum 5 years music industry experience within a progressive label or distributor, in a label management or product management capacity
- Excellent working knowledge of digital music distribution, supply chain and DSP processes
- Excellent understanding of the needs of artists and labels for building and maximising their release campaigns
- Proven experience in team leadership and developing/nurturing team members
- Good understanding of physical supply chain and distribution
- Strong focus on developing processes, best practices and training tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Strong strategic thinking to help drive growth and excellence in our team and global label management area
- Flexible and adaptable approach to growing a team and adapting processes as the business continues to grow and client-base evolves rapidly
- Knowledge of international industry landscape highly desirable
- Solid understanding/experience of digital music marketing and promotion would be an advantage
- The role will involve daily working with international based contacts, especially North America – some international travel will be required in the course of this role, as is flexibility for out of hours working.