AWAL, Kobalt’s Recordings Division is looking for an enthusiastic, highly efficient, and accurate Senior Client Admin Assistant to assist with our royalty and accounting responsibilities within our Artist and Label Services department, incorporating the AWAL distribution business.
This is an office-based role that will require a hardworking, self-managing, detail-oriented and organized individual.
Joining a highly collaborative team, reporting to the Senior Manager for Client Admin & Mechanicals, the Senior Client Admin Assistant will manage client accounting and be a point person regarding outgoing royalty queries as well as ensuring all client agreements are set up correctly in our system.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model.
Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists including Lauv, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, Little Simz, Gerry Cinnamon, Bruno Major and more.
We’re currently 650 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR CLIENT ADMIN ASSISTANT AT AWAL DO?
- Entering client contact, agreement and payment information into the royalty system
- Investigating royalty allocation issues
- Assisting with the generation of royalty accounting to our clients to strict deadlines
- Being a point of contact for our clients’ reporting queries
- Providing intelligent data analysis using Excel
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Royalty experience within the music industry is essential as well as having a deep understanding of the record industry as well as deals/agreements structures
- Highly numerate and IT literate (advanced Excel is essential)
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure as well as prioritise to strict deadlines
- A proactive approach with an exceptional level of attention to detail
- Ability to structure and drive forward small scale projects