AWAL is looking for an exceptional individual to assist with our royalty and accounting responsibilities within our Artist and Label Services department, incorporating the AWAL distribution business. This is an office-based role that will require a hardworking, self-managing, detail-oriented and highly organized individual.
You may be working for a Record Label, Distributor, Publisher or Collection Society within royalty processing or accounting.
Most important is that you have great interpersonal skills and can cope with a high-pressure/fast-paced environment but remain optimistic & persistent to make things happen as well as have a passion for music and Kobalt!
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and are transforming the way record labels and artists manage, develop and optimise their catalogues. Kobalt’s multi-rights platform accounts for billions of daily microtransactions for thousands of catalogue tracks in today’s ever-changing music industry.
In 2017, AWAL launched its mobile app to provide a unique lens into a record labels streaming and financial performance across Apple Music and Spotify. Since launch, the AWAL App has also added real-time access to YouTube videos with a detailed view of how a catalogue is used and monetized across user-generated content.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting our Catalogue and label business to grow fast. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A ROYALTY ASSISTANT AT AWAL DO?
- Ensuring the timely receipt of incoming reporting from our distribution partners
- Preparing invoices where necessary
- Filing and processing incoming statements
- Data input and updating as required
- Investigating royalty identification issues
- Assisting with the generation of royalty accounting to our clients to strict deadlines
- Providing intelligent data analysis using Excel
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Good understanding of the music industry, with particular experience in music royalty processing
- Highly numerate and IT literate with intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to work accurately, and to strict deadlines
- Proactive approach and quick learner
- Excellent communication skills, externally as well as internally including upward communication
- Experience in Music Industry